Ground wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightsmith

Reaction score
I need to clean up my grounds. I know about the battery to frame and to engine.

Where are the other grounds I need to clean up? Has anyone done a list or do I just need to go over every inch and find them myself?

OK maybe I am being lazy and dont want to look LOL

There's probably one at the back of the R/R and also one just behind the radiator cap.

R/R grounds through the mounting screws on the early Max's.
Before I went to the new strle R/R unit, I made a ground wire from one of the mounting screws ditectly to the negative post of the battery. Make sure you've got a good connection at both ends, it will help the R/R to work a bit better.

Thanks for the help.

Does running that wire from the r/r to the battery take the place of putting on a later model unit? I do have some of the expected weak charging issues. Love my oddyssey battery!

I think the wire you're talking about just provides a better ground - without it you're relying on the mounting bolts of the R/R, and all that metal they bolt into to be perfectly grounded as well.

I knew it wasnt a replacement for a new one if I had a failure. But I thought the main difference between an older and newer one was the frame ground vs a grounding wire.

And I am hoping I dont have to replace mine.

Back