gun owner negligence

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/15/3872773/report-wife-of-miami-dolphins.html

"Guess what color her hair is!"

It may not be a crime, but a leaving a rifle behind in a rental car could be dangerous. Lucky for Lauren Tannehill, the wife of Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, the AR-15 rifle she forgot in her rental car earlier this month was turned in to police by a woman in town from New York.

“This is certainly the kind of item you don’t want to forget anywhere, but forgetting isn’t a crime,” said Broward Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion.

According to a BSO report, Lauren Tannehill, 26, rented a Nissan Rogue from E-Z Rent-A-Car Jan. 4. She had the car for about two hours and then traded it in for another car. That same day, Judith Fleissig, 58, of Rochester, N.Y. rented the same Rogue. She later found the gun, valued at $2,000, secured in its case in the back seat, according to the report. Fleissig told the South Florida Sun- Sentinel that the seats were folded down when she picked up the SUV, and she didn’t look in the back until two days later. When her and her daughter (sic-"her daughter and she") saw the bag they looked for an ID and instead found that it was a gun. Her daughter unzipped the bag and said, ‘Oh my God, it’s a gun.’

I said ‘I think I’m going to throw up,’ she told the paper. She was told to hand the rifle over to the nearest police department, according to the report. She turned it over to Hillsboro Beach Police. It was not clear Wednesday if Tannehill was able to get the gun back.

The Dolphins had no comment on the matter, saying, "The Tannehills view this as a personal matter."

MRfYl.St.56.jpg
Z
images

I'm not surprised. Ive heard stories of people loading the car, placing the baby (in a carrier) on top of the car, and then driving away leaving the child on the roof.

The only thing that surprises me here is that two days passed by without the gun owner having the rental car company contact the 2nd renter of the car and getting it back.

Forgetting is one thing, how many would both forget it (not that hard to do really) and NOT MISS IT? For two whole days? That's fucked up!

Another interesting point is that not only did she leave it behind, but also the rental car company is supposed to go through the returned vehicle, to clean and check for anything left in the car before renting it back out. double oops.

Yeah a whole bunch of stupidity there on everyone's side.

I think I going to throw up.......WTF ???

Why? Someone is that afraid of a firearm? An inanimate object.....

Yeah a whole bunch of stupidity there on everyone's side.

I think I going to throw up.......WTF ???

Why? Someone is that afraid of a firearm? An inanimate object.....

I thought that was funny as shit too.

If it had of been me I would have just hung on to it, waited for the rental company to contact me.

If they didn't I would have had a cop buddy run the numbers to make sure it wasn't a crime gun and considered it a Christmas gift from a dumb shit that shouldn't have had it in the first pace.

Back