Harley Rhetoric

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
Story from today,

I'm a firearms instructor, and a student of mine who works at a local HD dealership was going on about his (unknown model, don't remember don't care) HD with a 94 cubic inch engine. He tells of being able to "SMOKE" every "jap" rice burner he meets...

I let him go on for a bit (I'm in my later 50's and don't race but like fast things) and asked him if he REALLY meant that? He said, "YUP, I smoke them all"

I laughed and asked "WHAT RICE BURNERS... EXACTLY? A Busa? He didn't know what it was... I asked him if he knew what a Vmax was? To THAT he said HELL YEA!!! I asked him if he knew what I had, and walked him out the door where my Max was parked and he said "No way I'll take that..."

I LOVED it. Defeat before turning the friggin KEY!!! Like they say, having a big stick and not having to use it is good :)

Gary

Story from today,

I'm a firearms instructor, and a student of mine who works at a local HD dealership was going on about his (unknown model, don't remember don't care) HD with a 94 cubic inch engine. He tells of being able to "SMOKE" every "jap" rice burner he meets...

I let him go on for a bit (I'm in my later 50's and don't race but like fast things) and asked him if he REALLY meant that? He said, "YUP, I smoke them all"

I laughed and asked "WHAT RICE BURNERS... EXACTLY? A Busa? He didn't know what it was... I asked him if he knew what a Vmax was? To THAT he said HELL YEA!!! I asked him if he knew what I had, and walked him out the door where my Max was parked and he said "No way I'll take that..."

I LOVED it. Defeat before turning the friggin KEY!!! Like they say, having a big stick and not having to use it is good :)

Gary

haha good story gary. how old was the guy?

Hey gary,
Ignorance is bliss they say, theres a lot a bikes that will beat the max, you know it, i know it,,,there called crotch rockets, they do what they do and they do it very well. max ain't a rocket, it's a BEAST!!, it's a stop light 2 stop light monster that was NEVER intimidated ( in it's class ) for the better part of 20 yrs!!!
Early 70's chevell big block 4:11 butt gears, holley 750 double pumper 454 big block 4 '' high rise carb, good o'l glass pack's, thrush or cherry bombs, mickeys thompson meats, you get the pic.
I've ran with zx 10's & 600 f3's & f4i's,,& old 900 ninja's who've made me push the max untill she was shake'in like a dog shittin a chain in the turns, They know if they hesitate just a touch to much my 85,,,1985 friggin technology.... school's out.

Shorthair88.........

Someone should send these HD dealers a memo and tell them that 1940's technology just doesn't cut it anymore. Vespa makes scooters that are faster than some of the HD models.

That HD Koolaid is some potent stuff, it'll twist your reality upside down. I've been told that HD's smoke any bike made.....really.....but I've only heard it from HD owners......I think you get that koolaid when you get the bike.

I like HD's....really it's like having a well designed boat anchor.

BTW......I guess my HD bias is starting to show through. But I never rag a guy who loves his bike, even if it's a HD, cause it makes him happy and that's what it's about. I don't care what they ride, but I do not suffer fools who bash mine cause it's NOT an HD.

P4270015.JPG

Nice Gary, sounds like he need a little more clue as to what a fast bike is. Glad you were able to show him a little of the motorcycle world outside of the HD bar room!

A lot of harley smoke, a lot of harley riders smoke, but harley riders on harleys dont' smoke anything.

Have you heard Harley's new ad campaign?

"Successfully turning gas into noise without the harmful effects of horsepower for one hundred and six years."

I feel the same way, the harley attitude is just a show of assholeness!!!
and that is why on Sunday I`m going to tell my so called riding ministry leader tha I`m through with them bunch of whining phoneys.:damn angry:
We are supposed to ride in pairs but, nobody wants to ride next to the guy with the VMAX, nobody wants to talk to the guy with the VMAX and they all huddle around their harleys like chickens kackleing about all the little things they have. I don`t get it they all look alike, they all sound alike, they are all slow, road hogging, rattley, oil leaking and, did I say slow ??.
and by the way, HARLEY DAVIDSON IS NOT THE ONLY REAL MOTORCYCLE THERE IS.:surprise:
jUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH (MORE LIKE $5.00) :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::banana::banana::banana::th_2fc2c5a5::party::th_2fc2c5a5:
<<DAVE>>

In all seroiusness though, if a guy likes an HD that's fine, but they just don't thrill me. For that matter, no V-twin really does, not even buells, sv's, or superhawks. But at least the other v -twin bikes have some modern engine design and technology like... oh, I don't know... water cooling, overhead cams, more than one rod journal... The thing that bother me the absolute most about a Harvey-Donaldson isn't the bike, it's superiority complex that it seems most all HD guys have. Why do they and all the none motorcycle owning yuppies think that HD's are sooooooo great?

... The thing that bother me the absolute most about a Harvey-Donaldson isn't the bike, it's superiority complex that it seems most all HD guys have. Why do they and all the none motorcycle owning yuppies think that HD's are sooooooo great?

OK, I can help here. First of all the majority of Harley Davidson riders (especially the weekend warrior yuppies, 40+ group) are in love with the bad boy image - NOT THE BIKE.

A superiority complex is compensatory behaviour to offset the true feelings they want to defend their damaged ego's against. In other words they feel INFERIOR and use the brand image to salve their ego's by pretending to be outlaws on the weekend. Who can knock them for wanting that release after putting up with work, responsibility and general life crap all week? Why do they hang around together. Because they all know that deep down they are all fragile. The group provides a safe haven of personal security and acceptance. Like any bike group. or car club or whatever.

Having said that, there are guys who just like to ride Harleys and if that gives them as much pleasure as I get from riding my '88 Max then good on them.

Personally I like any well modified, re-built, non-factory, custom painted and seriously blinged out Harley but not as a performance statement. These bikes are beautiful, mobile works of art, rolling sculptures and the riders are expressing themselves through their art. These guys live the lifestyle and power to them as well.

In all seroiusness though, if a guy likes an HD that's fine, but they just don't thrill me. For that matter, no V-twin really does, not even buells, sv's, or superhawks. But at least the other v -twin bikes have some modern engine design and technology like... oh, I don't know... water cooling, overhead cams, more than one rod journal... The thing that bother me the absolute most about a Harvey-Donaldson isn't the bike, it's superiority complex that it seems most all HD guys have. Why do they and all the none motorcycle owning yuppies think that HD's are sooooooo great?
Because 1.if they don`t, their stupid know nothing friends will call them stupid.(who wants to be called stupid by an idiot ??)
2.they feel the need to belong to something because they can`t think for themselves.
<<Dave>>:punk:

My next bike will be a V-Twin I build. I don't get the hate towards any bike manufacturer. If we all rode VMaxes wouldn't that be boring? Some of you guys kill me.

My next bike will be a V-Twin I build. I don't get the hate towards any bike manufacturer. If we all rode VMaxes wouldn't that be boring? Some of you guys kill me.

I hear ya. It would be boring. I personally just love motorcycles, its just that v-twins don't thrill me. At Sturgis last year I demo'd a Hammer S, a Raider, and a Warrior. I thought all of them were great bikes. Sleek, sexy, comfortable, affordable, etc. But none of them had the power, the pure brute force acceleration that I want. Do I hate Harleys? No. I'm just tired of being hated by HD guys just because I don't ride one. I don't think everyone should ride a max, they're not for everyone.

My father in law has his low rider up for sale if anyone wants a Harley. It actually pulls pretty dang good for a twin.

Sean

Attachments

• Bike Compilation.JPG
    Bike Compilation.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 34
  • Engine Compilation Pic.JPG
    Engine Compilation Pic.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Right Side.jpg
    Right Side.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 53
Bike Nights are sooo funny here in town. I can ride my Star Raider up and park it, then watch all the Harley guys pull up and back their bike next to it. Then it's their riding buddies who run up to the newbie HD rider and point out that my Raider isn't a HD and the newbies have to hop back on their HD and park it next to a "real HD". I always laugh at them so loud!

Even though my Raider is customized with paint and chrome, beats the crap out of HD's, looks better, wins more bike shows, gets more pics taken of it by the girls who ride with them, It's just too damn funny!

:rofl_200:

P3070037.JPG

I don't dislike any bike or bike manufacturer. I do dislike the "Snarley" attitude. I spent a while coming up with a snappy come-back, and I'll pass it on to my Max brothers here:

Last time I used it I was at a party and a guy mentioned he had a Harley. I said I ride too, and he asked me what I had. Just for the fun of it, I said I ride a Yamaha, instead of telling him it was a Max. He clicked his tongue and said I should get a "real bike" someday.

I smiled, 'cause he took the bait. I said I wasn't rich enough to afford a whole Harley, so I only bought one part.

What? he said.

Yeah, I went on, I bought a new Evo engine. I use it for a starter motor on my V-Max. Everyone got a good chuckle, except for the Snarley.

I don't dislike any bike or bike manufacturer. I do dislike the "Snarley" attitude. I spent a while coming up with a snappy come-back, and I'll pass it on to my Max brothers here:

Last time I used it I was at a party and a guy mentioned he had a Harley. I said I ride too, and he asked me what I had. Just for the fun of it, I said I ride a Yamaha, instead of telling him it was a Max. He clicked his tongue and said I should get a "real bike" someday.

I smiled, 'cause he took the bait. I said I wasn't rich enough to afford a whole Harley, so I only bought one part.

What? he said.

Yeah, I went on, I bought a new Evo engine. I use it for a starter motor on my V-Max. Everyone got a good chuckle, except for the Snarley.

hahaha i like it man... good line...

I have a "friend" who rides a harley and we've had a few drunken fist fights over the issue. He hasnt given me any shit since i literally made him cry like a girl trying to rip his ear off.

I will not take any shit from some trend humping dipshit sprung out in officially licensed and trademarked gear.

I always get the "its a lifestyle" thing. You ask them to explain it, and your told its about being free, patriotic, etc. Harley Davidson is the biggest example of herd mentality on the planet.

Why anyone would want to spend 3 times as much money to purposely look like white trash and ride around on a pathetic piece of slapped together shit is beyond me.

Back