Has anyone ever purchased a bike out of state and had it shipped?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_MaXiPaD_

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a shipping company (like USell, haulbikes, etc.) to ship their bikes in the U.S.? If so, are they trustworthy? I'm seeing all kinds of nice VMax's for sale (especially here on the forum), and there are never any here in my area (Nebraska) and when there are, they're beat to crap.

Used JC motors and they were good however now you have to have 18 wheeler access or they won't deliver

Kansas is not too far. I've shipped bikes as far as the UAE (almost 8000 miles). Most recent bikes were shipped to New York and another delivered to Montana and Canada.

Sean

Has anyone ever used a shipping company (like USell, haulbikes, etc.) to ship their bikes in the U.S.? If so, are they trustworthy? I'm seeing all kinds of nice VMax's for sale (especially here on the forum), and there are never any here in my area (Nebraska) and when there are, they're beat to crap.

I used haulbikes.com to ship from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania. Very professional, inspections at both ends. I was very pleased with their service. I bought a bike that didn't have a scratch on it, and when it arrived, it didn't have a scratch on it. You can't argue with that.

Just this past month I used JC Motors to ship my Vmax from Missouri to Idaho. They did a fine job, it was about $700.

Be careful buying sight unseen though. My 2001 carbon fiber is a nice looking low mileage bike, but the seller did not disclose some issues that ended up costing me another $800 to correct. If I had it to do over again I would have hired an inspection company to look at the bike before I bought it. It would have been $100 well spent.

I can't remember who they used, but Daytona Custom Works crated and shipped my chopper. It was $1000 from Fla to Alaska. Short of going overseas, your not going to find a further place to ship (other than shipping to Hawaii)

Yes I had a specialized bike transport company ship mine I think it was "reliable" The shipping was a bit spendy yet I did save $ because it was shipped from business to business. The problem always is: pictures never tell everything, so buy it right! Now I had purchased mine from a self proclaimed bike collector and he rated it a 7. Now I am pretty picky but not as picky as some. I would have rated it a 5 1/2 - 6 the engine case covers had alot of wear in them paint missing ect. stain on the seat. So just be careful ask for alot of pictures. So looks you have a good chance of seeing what you are getting. Mechanical is truly a gamble!

Thanks G

Sorry, never had one shipped myself. Ive flown in and rode them home on a number of occasions. Must have an alternate plan to do this however, just in case the bike has been seriously miss-represented.

I used haulbikes, like ken said, inspection at both ends. they were pros. on the other hand the dealer was not completely honest! get it inspected on that end.

Well, I decided I'll probably be using Haul Bikes. I don't know what caught my attention with them, but since some of you guys have had good experiences with them, I figured I'd give 'em a try. I called in and got a quote. Now, I just have to fill out a contract and we're ready to go! Can't wait 'til I have myself my first VMax (even though it won't arrive until almost November lol)!!

BTW, I'm buying raptors' '97 VMax that's posted under the For Sale thread..

Thanks for all of the replies everyone!

Latest posts

Back