Headlight setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be aware that headlight is a china clone, I've seen them a lot in EU and even one personaly.
Cant say they sucks but at the same time they are not bad...they first appeard in
LOUIS catalog I bealive.

If you really want a quality your should ask Yamaha dealer for OEM one from MT03 motorcycle.

Be aware that headlight is a china clone, I've seen them a lot in EU and even one personaly.
Cant say they sucks but at the same time they are not bad...they first appeard in
LOUIS catalog I bealive.

If you really want a quality your should ask Yamaha dealer for OEM one from MT03 motorcycle.

Yeah I like the look. But if I can get a better quality then I'd rather do that.
What do you think about the speedo????

Yes, I would consider the Yamaha part, dunno what it costs, but probably a lot more. I like the Koso speedo units as others on here have added to their bikes.

Mark IMHO, screw the headlight and get the wife a comfy SEAT! Just saying

That's the same headlight we're going to be selling soon (we hope). We did use the OEM yamaha light on the reaper build but it's way more expensive.

Sean

Yeah I agree on the comfy seat just to much snow to try it out :rofl_200:
I am still interested if you can reassure me I won't have problems with the backrest. That has to stay.

Is this reassurence enough,three different sissybars all with MAXGASSER's and Im sure theres more of my seats out there with factory sissybars
Dannymax,Bill Kratzenberg are a couple more.

Attachments

• 2011-12-13 16.05.35.jpg
    2011-12-13 16.05.35.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 527103_3726827806664_934384335_n  nija's carbon seat.jpg
    527103_3726827806664_934384335_n nija's carbon seat.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 27
  • txvmax first used MAXGASSER from kosrider.jpg
    txvmax first used MAXGASSER from kosrider.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 28
Is this reassurence enough,three different sissybars all with MAXGASSER's and Im sure theres more of my seats out there with factory sissybars
Dannymax,Bill Kratzenberg are a couple more.

Mine will be on one! Did u get my email rick???

I have that almost exact headlight setup on mine. The previous owner installed it and had absolutely no experience electrically. After I removed the jimmy rigged harness he had, I reinstalled it by added a harness and soldering the wires. I also had to add some good sylvania bulbs as those installed were terrible. I haven't ridden at night yet but the lights are bright. The regular light is of course less focused/wider range while the bright is more focused. It certainly gives your bike a prounounced, fighter look. Once I get some pictures I can post for you.

:hijacked:

uploadfromtaptalk1360719857922.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360719877114.jpg

This is the rental rick sent me ( my actual seat is way cooler :D ) but as you can see fits like a glove and I cant wait to ride it! (When spring comes) girlfriend saw it and got excited just because the rear seat lol

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

:hijacked:

View attachment 34004
View attachment 34005

This is the rental rick sent me ( my actual seat is way cooler :D ) but as you can see fits like a glove and I cant wait to ride it! (When spring comes) girlfriend saw it and got excited just because the rear seat lol

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah my stock seat doesn't bother me. I like the look of the maxgasser. But I need it to be a lot more comfortable for the misses. She's buying it so it has to be worth it to her. I'm sure it's a lot better than stock. My wife is petite she 4'11 about 105lbs. I can't wait to try one also. It's either Sean's or ricks. I get to try ricks and I like that I get to keep my stocker. And Rick is a great guy but so is Sean. So it's down to comfort now. Rick is going to get me a loaner for the spring so I can try it out. That's a great thing try it before you buy it ;)

^ it will be the Same in the picture lol. He is a really good guy im sure he explained it to you. Nut you will need one of his brackets that go on sissy bare its like 15 bucks but also the stock rear seat is actually tilted fwd slightly where the gasser is flat and alot more padding and about 2 inches longer. Im not sure about Seans people say its good also not 100 percent positive but Seans may be directed more toward driver being stock cut down im not sure if anything is done to the passenger. Id throw hid bulbs in stock light about 70 bucks and pay more attention to comfort :)

Look dear i got you a new head light for Valentine's day . Boy I love you.
lol:)

Look dear i got you a new head light for Valentine's day . Boy I love you.
lol:)

LMFAO :rofl_200:
I'm strath inch the light for now until I do some more investigating . But I ordered the Rx-3 speedo I think that's the number. That was for valentines day ;)
It was on sale so I couldn't pass it up. I have been looking at this one for 2 years now so I pulled the trigger last night. Saved 40 Euros what ever that is lol.

Next is the fatmax hard bags. But those are for her. She hates not being able to take her shit with us when we take the bike. I'm waiting for Uncle Sam to give me back some of my money. The guy from fatmax is a real nice guy also. I've been back and fourth with him a few times. Very easy to get a hold of.

On the rigidindustries.com site, there are night shots and vids. Lots of enduro guys use their stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back