Help! Fuel leaking from drain screw

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommygun4u

Reaction score
Hello. Great forum!!! First time posting here, hope correct spot. Anyway, I have small amount of fuel leaking from the drain screw on my left side rear carb. Is there an o-ring that goes on the screw? Or is my bowl flooded? Just bought the bike and learning. My Y on airbox is missing causing it to bog at low rpm and high gear but that is making me run lean, I think. Pulled plugs and they are a little white. But don't think that has to do with leak. I hope one of the super knowledgeable riders on here can help. Thank you!!!!

There's an o-ring on the screw. Drain the bowl and remove the screw and you'll see it.

You bet. If you are running stock carbs w/o the air correctors then the missing airbox "Y" will cause a stumble. Welcome to the group!

I had read that. The person that sold it to me told me it had a big bore kit and jet kit but the more I ride it and having that issue with the missing Y, I think he may have "extended" the truth. I've been looking for a Y for sale without buying the whole box. Thanks for your help. The o-ring worked. No more leak! :)

"Big Bore" LOL

Unless it has a full exhaust on it, that's doubtful. I hope you get it all worked out.

Yeah, I know. Newbie mistake. Yes it has stock pipes. Should have known. But it does run well and I'm happy to be part of the vmax family now. Because these bikes are sweet. Always wanted one as a kid but was scared of it. I'm 37 now and have owned some big bikes ZX-11 bored out. Knew it was cause I did it. Lol. So I figured I could handle one now. Trying to learn all I can. I've gotta work on handling next. Love this forum, everyone is a plethora of knowledge. Thanks everyone.

I wasn't trying to be a jackass. There have been more than a few threads with eBay ads where guys are claiming this and that, but it's obvious they're making it up. I'm just glad you didn't get swindled. Happy to have you here. There's so much to know.

Back