HELP My fuel light comes on with a full tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bro.betterley

Reaction score
I filled it up last night drove 10 miles today and my light came on, about a mile latter began to sputter, switched to reserve and bike ran fine. So i pulled in to a gas station and the bike took 1/3 gallon IT WAS FULL. So i put it over to ON and drove a half mile light came on and bike began to stall, the light is on and runs as long as i have it on reserve BUT TANK IS FULL

Not hard to do. You'll have to drain the tank. If I remember correctly, it is 2 phillips head screws holding it in there. Two wire connector for it that connects up on one side of the fuel tank.

I may have a spare around here I can let you have at my cost (bought from either University or Mondak)

sounds to me the sensor is stuck in res mode, not giving the fuel pump power , so u have to switch to res to override it. i bet that will do the trick.

If Kent hasn't got a spare one, I defo have one, although mine's used.

It's a the very bottom of the tank so you should be able to remove it and change it in situ. The tank's drain bolt is right next to it.

This is what it looks like..

Attachments

• P1040828.JPG
    P1040828.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 22
  • P1040835.JPG
    P1040835.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P1080941.JPG
    P1080941.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 24
  • P1080944.JPG
    P1080944.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
was hoping to get one asap, im droping the exhaust this weekend to install my marks sytem thats on its way. I figured it would be a good time to change it.

get ahold of kent, or call morley. i'm sure either could hook u up soon.

Back