Help needed from anyone and Everyone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushmaster

Reaction score
No, this is not an emergency....but I would like some help and ideas on this issue. I have a 2005 VMAX with a custom sport tail section. I recently purchased a complete set of tins consisting of the tank, front and rear fenders, and custom side covers from England, and have sent them off to be custom painted. When they return, I plan to install the stock rear fender on the bike, but have ran into a few problems. I didn't know it at first, but it appears that the stock rear fender requires another sheet metal type "inner fender" and then another "black plastic/rubber" inner fender, both of which install under the actual outer fender. Then, there's a black "V" shaped insert that holds the stock tail light in place (even though it's unlikely I'll use the stock tail light). When I manage to get all of these installed, I plan to buy a passenger seat and intall it, along with the sissy bar and grab rail, etc. My problem is that I cannot find any details on how to fit all of these rear fender pieces together and install them on the bike, nor do I know if all of these additional parts will even be needed. It would be great if I could find some sort of "how to" video, pictures, or something that describes how to remove and replace the entire rear fender and all it's parts, but so far.....no luck. I'm sure I can likely figure it out with trial and error, but I'd like to go ahead and purchase any additional parts needed "before" my custom painted parts are returned to me, so I can go ahead and install them, with all necessary parts on hand. Anyone with any sort of help, and/or ideas regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, if I were to decide to just leave the sport tail section on the bike, instead of installing the stock rear fender..... does anyone know of a good passenger seat that can be installed on the tail section without having to drill any holes, etc. All I can manage to figure out for now, is to just buy some sort of gel pad to put back there to use when hauling a passenger and then remove it when riding solo. Any ideas on this? If anyone needs to see the current tail section installed on my bike that I'm talking about here, just go look at the photo album for my username and you'll see the type I'm talking about here. To be honest, I'd like to just leave the tail section on there and come up with some idea of how to install a decent looking passenger seat on top of it......but I'll settle for whatever ends up looking best, while still meeting the needs. Thanks to all that provide any assistance on this.

For the stock rear fender you will need the inner sheet metal fender and the grab rail or back rest and the plastic inner fender should be there to protect the gas tank.

$(KGrHqF,!iUE5h50GsVBBOfpJIYUhw~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-V-MA...9993&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

The metal inner fender mounts to the bike with the same three bolts that are used to mount the actual fender. Tail light wiring goes between the two. There are two bolts that actuall bolt the fender to the inner fender as one unit. The plastic fender has tabs cast into it to hold square nuts. You use two phillips screws to secure the inner fender to these squared nuts.

The black plastic piece keeps crap from flinging everywhere. It only mounts with 1 screw if I remember right. Goes right on the fuel tank. It helps to locate the rear fender. Front edge of the rear fender engages it.

Back