Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxChaos

Reaction score
Ok guys need a little advice on where to begin. Riding my max and broke down. Was running as amazing as usual. Low fuel light came on so I filled up. Left the station and a few miles down the road started acting like I had bad gas. Got on it a bit to try and clear it out and then bam sound d to me like cam chain came apart hopefully I'm wrong bike died coasted to a stop won't fire back up at all. Got home but wondering where to begin on repairs/inspection. Any advice would be great hoping I'm over reacting and it's something simple quick and easy

Thanks guys,Max chaos

Ok chains and everything top end looks good. Got her to fire up lower end noise and burning oil like fckn crazy.So I'm saying rings/more......just doesn't make since to me Always stay on top of everything check fluids every time I've takin anywhere What the hell happened.......

Have to go pick up my compression checker I loaned out. That's my next step. Anyone else have an issue like this at any point in time?

Welcome to The Club. Not a prestigious place to be, but an expensive one if you choose to fix it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 49
The sound concerns me. I can only speculate. But, now burning oil like crazy? I'd get in there with a bore scope for piston top inspection/ cylinder wall condition. Pressurize cylinders with piston at tdc and observe exhaust & intake ports & crankcase oil fill for escaping air pressure .
How's she turn by hand with plugs out? I'd rule out cranking it with the starter until some questions are answered. Keep us informed please?
Steve-o

Sounds like something serious for sure. You should be able to quickly identify the cylinder when looking at the spark plugs. Might have dropped a valve?

Sean

Will keep u guys updated when I get in it a little more done for the night do more tomorrow.just really bumbed out. Did not see this coming just had full service new tires brakes went to Florida and back changed oil When I got home it was running great till that fill up.......

Yea, pull the plugs and start looking. Might get lucky but your initial symptoms sound pretty ominous.

Ok chains and everything top end looks good. Got her to fire up lower end noise and burning oil like fckn crazy.So I'm saying rings/more......just doesn't make since to me Always stay on top of everything check fluids every time I've takin anywhere What the hell happened.......

Burning oil or leaking oil? If it is just idling it most likely is a broken ring. It could be a main bearing or rod rearing if you are hearing the noise down low. If it were up high it would be broken valve and not running on a 4 cylinders.

Well guys bad news for me..... After further inspection broke rod in #3 cylinder.....So anybody have rough estimate on rebuild done by me. Ehat kinda cost am I looking forward too

Sorry to hear brother. I expect Sean to pipe up soon. May want to think of 1300 upgrade....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1300 or I have engine cores with bad transmissions that you could transplant yours over to one and save some money.

Sean

Thanks appreciate it will have to scrape up some cash and plan some stuff out. Have an engine on Craigslist close by to go look at supposedly off 2004 with only 8000 miles run when pulled. Check that out 1st talk me down if everything looks good. Just really sucks

Sorry to hear this. Rebuild is going to cost big. Used from Sean might be your best bet. Unless $$ is no obstacle, then go strong and powerful.

I have a 1300cc and a 1445cc build in progress that are uncommitted to customers yet. Neither of which are "cheap" but they will make more power!

Sean

Back