Hennesy Cadillac

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the price? The website says, "call." $250,000? Too-lazy to look more.

Internal mods to the engine to handle that much boost, the turbo system, suspension and body upgrades?

I'm guessing the package is almost as much as the car, around $ 60,000 or so, plus the car, maybe $150,000 total??

Hennesy also makes a kit for the SVT Raptor to push the 6.2 v8 over 800hp. Called the "VelociRaptor". haha

Every day the 260hp 5.4 in my truck feels more and more dated. It's slow to rev up and when you floor it to pass there just isn't much there even when it does tach up. I'm too used to fast bikes where an instant overtake is just a twitch of the wrist away....where in the truck I have to floor it, wait for it to kick down 2 gears, and pick up speed at an agonizingly slow pace.

Problem is it costs a lot more to get 3 tons moving quickly than it does 1/4 ton. And even if I put a bunch of money into an intake, exhaust, headers, programmer, ect, I might gain 40hp, or 30 at the wheels. Spread out over a touch over 6k lbs, that doesn't result in a whole lot of gain.

Hennesy also makes a kit for the SVT Raptor to push the 6.2 v8 over 800hp. Called the "VelociRaptor". haha

Every day the 260hp 5.4 in my truck feels more and more dated. It's slow to rev up and when you floor it to pass there just isn't much there even when it does tach up. I'm too used to fast bikes where an instant overtake is just a twitch of the wrist away....where in the truck I have to floor it, wait for it to kick down 2 gears, and pick up speed at an agonizingly slow pace.

Problem is it costs a lot more to get 3 tons moving quickly than it does 1/4 ton. And even if I put a bunch of money into an intake, exhaust, headers, programmer, ect, I might gain 40hp, or 30 at the wheels. Spread out over a touch over 6k lbs, that doesn't result in a whole lot of gain.

A bike is definitely a lot cheaper than making a truck go that fast.

P.S. You should have started with a Tacoma xrunner instead of a Ford. Drop around 6K into it and you can have acceleration like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsPJehTttz0&list=UUY3XBg99cu0uJ6wVT51BbbA&index=9&feature=plcp

I considered getting the SVT Lightning, which is essentially my truck with a supercharger (the 7700 borrows the heavy duty transmission, brakes, axles, frame, radiators, ect from the Lightning). That was north of 400hp stock and can be had used for reasonable prices. I found one the same year as mine (01), nice shape with only 50k for around $10k, just a touch more than mine cost. Problem is, they only came in 2wd, which was a deal breaker for me.

I get all the speed "out of my system" on the bike. Even a truck modded out the wazoo will still pale in comparison to the performance of a bike. So I don't really bother.

I still have fun with my truck....just not with high speed antics. I jump it, haul ass through fields, hillclimbs, ect. There's a sweet side street near here that's a 30mph posted and there's a sudden drop-off. At 30 it's not too noticeable but at 90 you can get major air off it. Get that "rollercoaster" sensation going over the top of the hill as stuff floats off the dashboard.

Back