Here is how I carried my stuff.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
Went for a 700Km ride last weekend all around Georgian Bay. Nice ride, but had to figure a way to carry all my crap - so I had to be creative. I had an old bike carrier in the garage up in the loft for the past 10 years. Well I wasn't going to ever really use it again so out came the hack saw....and after switching a few things around this is what I got. WOW it worked out better than I expected, for sure. It takes less then 2min to put on, or take off.

Its no more than a 2lbs and I didn't have to move to fill up at all. Yeah, a little crude however I didn't have go with out my stuff either. Cost me $ 0.00 :hmmm:

Oh, BTW it passed the 100mph test ! :biglaugh: no problem.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 31
Awesome thought M8! Did it keep the paint from getting marred? :confused2:

That's my pet peave...:bang head:

Thanks for the good feedback guys,

I put a small piece of foam that is used under laminate floors for the part over the fender. Not a scratch, that was one of my worries. I need to find a black plastic plate that attaches to each of the bars behind the grab rail. I didn't have anything on hand - so I just had to use duct tape with the foam under it between the bars for the back pack to sit on. As it worked out, with my shorty helmet on top of my cooler, the straps for the back pack crossed each other to hold my helmet in was enough to create a space under it, so it wasn't sitting on it anyways.
I never planned on taking anything - as my friend said he had lots of room on his Goldwing. But am I ever glad I made this the night before we left - as he didn't have any room for my stuff. I probably could have taken allot more gear but it was only an over-nighter.
The thing to is, I'm not done with it yet, it was done in a rush but it worked very well so I know its worth spending more time on it to make it better.

Back