Here's the MCN teaser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kerker needs to get on the ball and make a new 4-2-1 exhaust for this bad boy. Can you imagine what this thing is going to sound like!!!

No more V-Boost, I am so tired of hearing V-Boost is so awesome.... No more messing with carbs,, finially Fuel Injection. Now we can fuck around with map timings from our laptops. I feel like I am back with technoligy. I cant wait to get rid of my 99 for a bike with some balls!!!!:eusa_dance:

NOS and a 2009 VMAX with quiet exhaust to easily get away from the Police... Can you say 200MPH VMAX hopefully stable over 140.. Damn I cant wait!!! Sign me up!

There is no question that it is fuel injected. I zoomed up the engine shot and I don't see any carbs, I can assure you. That bike is 100% injected.

Now, who is going to cram an '09 motor into a pre-'09 bike? You know someone is going to do it....

Mike

There is no question that it is fuel injected. I zoomed up the engine shot and I don't see any carbs, I can assure you. That bike is 100% injected.

Now, who is going to cram an '09 motor into a pre-'09 bike? You know someone is going to do it....

Mike

:hmmm: .... interesting idea... I can imagine what that would do to a stock frame!

I hate to say it. But you know there will be some totalled bikes early on....prime candidates for a heart transplant into an earlier bike.

Talk about a sleeper!

Mike

Mike

I cant believe anyone even questioned that....any new bike would need to be in order to meet modern emissions standards... now the fun part is, fuel injection opens a whole new world of possibilities!!!

I cant believe anyone even questioned that....any new bike would need to be in order to meet modern emissions standards... now the fun part is, fuel injection opens a whole new world of possibilities!!!

True, I wonder how many of those extra 85 horses are locked up in the ignition and timing maps?

But this begs the question.....how much HP do you really need? If this thing has 210 and is running low 9's on a 200 tire, traction is going to be an issue. I think the full 295 is going to render this bike virtually uncontrollable under hard acceleration. It will be like a '60s fueler going down the track and hosing the rear tire the whole way.

Mike

Mike, you know the answer to this...about 10 more than your buddies. :)

Well, my two buddies ride a Night Rod and a VTX1800. I can already smoke their asses with my tired, old '85! Shit, with my 50 HP Husky I can hang with them up to 90 and leave them miles behind on any road that turns.

Now, I also have a buddy with an ST1300 and he can leave me for dead on the Max doing the backroad thing. Of course, he is a much better rider than I am......:punk:

Mike

There's still a few carbed bikes being built, but fewer and fewer.......and no high performance ones that I could find in a short, incomplete search. Harley even quit using carbs, their whole lineup is standard fuel injection.....

I don't think it had that much to do with emissions tho', standards are the same now as they were two years ago and there were a lot of bikes with carbs two years ago...I think it has more to do with reliability and more importantly "tuneability"

It would never have crossed my mind that it would be anything BUT fuel injected....

If the ignition system is the same as our Vmax's the fuel injection might be a somewhat easy swap!

Also, my understanding of fly-by-wire; besides the obvious implication of having a servo motor controlling the butterflies; is that it allows the throttle body to "somewhat" perform like a CV carb or Vaccum secondary 4 barrell carb in that even tho' you might be twisting the throttle wide open it's not going to open the butterflys more than needed to keep from opening up a "big hole" that the RPMS and air flow don't need, causing the motor to bog, which is what happens on flatslides or mechanical secondary 4 barrells when you crank them all the way open at lower RPMS when the engine can't efficiently use that much airflow.

Another variation of this is a dual butterfly per cylinder non fly-by-wire system wherein the throttle cable controls the first butterfly and a computer driven servo or other non-rider means controls a second butterfly in line with the first one based on engine needs to maintain optimum airflow velocity regardless of how much throttle you give it. Makes for much crisper throttle response.

My wifes 350z was throttle by wire and it worked great, except it also had traction control that would back out of the throttle when it detected wheel spin; fortunately you could turn it off.....

traction is going to be an issue. I think the full 295 is going to render this bike virtually uncontrollable under hard acceleration. It will be like a '60s fueler going down the track and hosing the rear tire the whole way.

Mike

good point but remember throttle by wire? the only ONLY reason for throttle by wire is controlling power delivery ala traction control.... this is outstanding. with a lap top you program the lil bastard to be on the edge of breaking loose so that you get max acceleration no matter what stupidity you apply to the twist....get me? this will make things very quick indeed...

My wifes 350z was throttle by wire and it worked great, except it also had traction control that would back out of the throttle when it detected wheel spin; fortunately you could turn it off.....

......or reprogram it for hella launches....(i have a 350z too.....)

I've been too busy with a tape measure seeing if it would fit - LOL. It would be very dang tough to install it without a lot of work! It would be easier if we eliminated the injection though! No wiring to mess with. Would be nice to move that over. I don't see using the injection from that bike as being any easier to adapt then anything else out there already. The problem isn't the injection itself it's getting all the sensors and an ignition pickup on it.

Sean

I grabbed that photo and got rid of the line between the pages (also took off the shadow because shadows scare me).

2535148857_13d4faeb34_b.jpg

1600x1200

looks great thanks.

I slept on it and you know after looking at it again this morning i cant understand where some people (other forums) are coming from.... saying its more euro, or that its nothing like a real vmax etc etc....

Well i gotta tell ya.... to me its so close to the original in concept that id say its really the same bike with just modern advanced twists on all the key areas.

While you have an all new frame that wont need strengthening, its has exactly the same ride position.

Radial tires we all pay big time to upgrade to, yet still 18s.
Wopping v4 engine, best power, funky vboost like cam phase shift, same as original.

Improved and now adjustable suspension, something we all whine about.

A Tach where everyone says it always should have been , with shift light indicating its drag race intentions.

Same old under seat gas tank but with it swollen out the sides to increase capacity, like everyone has always wanted.

It goes on and on...this is the SAME bike, but in a modern interpretation of the theme....like the dodge viper is to the Ford Cobra.

As for street fight euro....i just dont see it... its updated and modern...but if we are going to attribute everything thing new and modern to the Europeans than we are in a sad state here in NA.

It looks to me like Yamaha is sayin..."Vrod?? B-King??....baaaa! we had the formula right the first time!"

All this bikes does is answer the question, "what would the vmax have been like if it was launched in 2008 instead of 1984?" ..if you look at it that way it hits it right on the head perfectly.

We all interpret the bike differently...many view a vmax as a cruiser, some even strap bags and a big windjammer on it and go touring. Others put sport bike tires and wheels on it and try to go canion carving as though its a sport bike.... so if the new bike dosent immediately go that way for you , there is a feeling its wrong. But its not...its the same bike but "better than it was before......better.......stronger.......faster..."

Back