Here's the proof, now it's Beta Test Time!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxguru

Reaction score
Here is a screen shot from the last Stock Bike ECU tuning session. The changes in the data you will see was entirely derived from flashing the OEM ECU and speaks for itself.

Screen Shot

I will finish the tuning this weekend and do some more riding to verify I like it, then it's Beta Test time.

Thanks,
Tim Nash
GuruedGear.com

One additional note, that was a Race ECU on the "Stock" side of the comparison.

Last edited:
Looks like you have set the TPS to start working right away and cleaned up all the a/f problems high and low. Should rider very nice. What gains if any did you see.

I'm pretty dumb so I'm not sure what this actually means? Does it mean that when you have the stock (race) ECU that full throttle isn't acutally full throttle until the ECU decides to open it all the way and that you have corrected that problem with the reflash?

Looks like you have set the TPS to start working right away and cleaned up all the a/f problems high and low. Should rider very nice. What gains if any did you see.

I have not finished the timing adjustment yet. I had to get the AFR in the right neck of the woods first. That being said, it averages about 4 hp more at its peak. There just is not a lot of room for improvement when the bike has to blow thru that pig (cat) under it's ass.

Does it mean that when you have the stock (race) ECU that full throttle isn't actually full throttle until the ECU decides to open it all the way and that you have corrected that problem with the reflash?

You are right, but the YCC-T is not much of a problem on the stock system. The YCC-T is nicely tuned to the stock bike. When you start changing the intake or exhaust system, the YCC-T needs to be opened more or, better yet, re-mapped to that specific system.

At this point, let me say this. In the year + this has taken us to be the first to offer this service to the V-Max community, I have developed a business model / strategy that I believe will work best in the long term. I intend to develop and build performance kits comprised of intake and exhaust systems bundled with a ECU reflash that is mapped to specific performance requirements of the kit. Although this "Real" Race ECU tune will offer a few advantages over the regular Race ECU, the full potential of a modified bike will not be realized by simply re-flashing the ECU with this file. I am really not marketing a generic reflash service, I am really marketing my tuning as part of a kit. Unless your current configuration matches the components in one of my reflash files I will build for the kits, you will still need to have a Power Commander for fuel correction after the reflash.

Thanks,
Tim

Back