Here's to Karma!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Spent the whole day shoveling mud up in sierra madre at the house of a member of a motorcycle club I'm involved with. Not many people volunteered, and it was a long, dirty, rainy day. My back is killing me.

Good deeds do pay apparently - the guy gave me a motorcycle. He had a 76 CB750 that had been down that he meant to restore and never got to. The bottom of the motor case is history, so it needs a motor, and pipes but the frame is straight and all of the other parts are both original and intact.

So now I have a restoration project of my own. Score! Off to FleaBay I go.

If you need any parts, I have a cousin in Kansas City that restores (or strips) vintage '60s, '70s, and '80s inline four motorcycle. I will get his Ebay store's name to you when I get it.

He specializes in old Hondas.

Spent the whole day shoveling mud up in sierra madre at the house of a member of a motorcycle club I'm involved with. Not many people volunteered, and it was a long, dirty, rainy day. My back is killing me.

Good deeds do pay apparently - the guy gave me a motorcycle. He had a 76 CB750 that had been down that he meant to restore and never got to. The bottom of the motor case is history, so it needs a motor, and pipes but the frame is straight and all of the other parts are both original and intact.

So now I have a restoration project of my own. Score! Off to FleaBay I go.

Good score! sometimes it pays to be nice. :clapping:

Very cool, let me guess, if its still its factory color it's red. My second bike was a 76 cb750. if u decide to put another engine in it and hear a nasty valve/cam chain noise, its normal. 9 out of 10 sound like there going to expolde, anyone who's ever owned a single cam cb750 should know what im talking about!

Very cool, let me guess, if its still its factory color it's red. My second bike was a 76 cb750. if u decide to put another engine in it and hear a nasty valve/cam chain noise, its normal. 9 out of 10 sound like there going to expolde, anyone who's ever owned a single cam cb750 should know what im talking about!

Yup it's the Honda dark orange with the old green face clocks. IIRC, 79 is the first year of DOHC? I was thinking of cheating a bit and putting the better motor in.

Congratulations, Noxx. Cool bike. My first bike was a '76 Honda 400 four Super Sport, the little cousin to the 750. I always wanted the 750, but it never happened. Good luck on the restore.

Noxx, Just found a 1973 CB750 with 40K on it that runs and it's free. One of my employee's said I could have it. I have no interest, Its in NY, so being your 3K miles away, might not be something you want to screw with. Been in garage for ever he said. Not sure. PM me if you want me to grab this for you.

My first bike was a 1973 Honda CB750k. Forest green with brown and gold stripes. Ugly beast, but it was a hella lot of fun to ride. Gotta love those ole' banana seats! Installed a Mac 4-1 exhaust with K&N individual filters and ran a 14.2 second quarter. Those were good days.

Had to be certain to keep the cam chains properly adjusted or they would make a lot of noise. I really want to restore or at least fix one up decently one of these days. The later DOHC engines weren't known for their reliability as much as the earlier SOHC engines.

Back