Hey guys, Ineed help (strange popping)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
Ok here it goes,
I went over to Fargo`s place to do some work on the carbs (changed the main jets) and the bike ran great, then after a few days It started popping
like firecrackers on the left side.
At first I thought that it was just that the engine was cold so I let it warm up and still the popping continued. I have cops but, the resistance is good
Primary: #1 =1.4 ohms secondary: #1 =13.1 k ohms
#2 =1.2 ohms #2 =13.2 k ohms
#3 =1.5 ohms #3 =13.0 k ohms
#4 =1.5 ohms #4 =13.2 k ohms
The main jets are # 150.
pilot air jets are
#1 = # 90
#2 = #170
stock springs and the A/F screws are at 3 1/2 turns out.
I also have the T-Boost module but it seems to be working ok.
This one has me really stumped cause it does it through all gears and while cruising. (but it didn`t do it when I put that V rod away)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I would pull the plugs and check there first. Make sure all clamps are tight too.

Now I know what clamps Mark was talking about.
I`ll check those too for sure, I`m just praying that it`s not the ignitor
`cause I know there`s no way to test those.
thanx K.J.
<<Dave>>:punk:

There is one way to test the ignitor Dave - get another from Sean Morley using his part exchange service! Then you can tell if it's working or not.

But I reckon your problem's an air leak too, check all boots, and all exhaust bolts and connections too.

is it a lean popping? does putting the choke on help the problem?

Yes it does when I`m riding, but if I do, when I stop at a signal the engine revs high and I have to put it off again.
I`m goimg to check all the clamps and boots and the air box today.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

so its going lean. ur a/f screws may be off or the circuit plugged. try a shotgun too maybe.

Latest posts

Back