HID or Projector for the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Curious on what my options are for putting a better output headlight on Mr. Max. I'm about tired of leading a group of riders at night and all of their headlights put the shadow of my bike in my own light. Is there a whole housing I can replace the junk factory one with? I know it's not the bulb as I have a Silverstar, it has to be the reflector/housing.

This being said, I thought about HID's or projector but didn't want to melt the housing down, or waste money by putting it in a junk housing/reflector.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions welcome! :punk:

-Dustin

Dustin, I bought a headlight relay kit from Eastern Beaver. With same headlight shell and stock bulb the difference is amazing.

+1 on running a relay.

I went with a wired relay setup, and a Hella 55/100 bulb.

I can see gooder now.

+1 on running a relay.

I went with a wired relay setup, and a Hella 55/100 bulb.

I can see gooder now.

The lamp with the relay is a good idea! But watch that 100 watt lamp.
They tend to melt the female lamp connector and draw a sh!tload more amps then the 55-60watt lamp. Just trying to help.

The lamp with the relay is a good idea! But watch that 100 watt lamp.
They tend to melt the female lamp connector and draw a sh!tload more amps then the 55-60watt lamp. Just trying to help.

1. Gotcha bro, running an aftermarket connector.
2. That's why I run the relay.

It's bright for sure, I run it out here in no mans land going home late at night, when no one is around.
It makes it look like I'm running a locomotive headlight.

Curious on what my options are for putting a better output headlight on Mr. Max. I'm about tired of leading a group of riders at night and all of their headlights put the shadow of my bike in my own light. Is there a whole housing I can replace the junk factory one with? I know it's not the bulb as I have a Silverstar, it has to be the reflector/housing.

This being said, I thought about HID's or projector but didn't want to melt the housing down, or waste money by putting it in a junk housing/reflector.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions welcome! :punk:

-Dustin

Yeah try going from a dual H4 bike like my SV to this thing... The reflector on the Max sucks IMO but I'm sure that power increase can help.:thumbs up:

Chris

Back