High Speed Wobble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty

Yeah ever since I strapped my front end down 3 yrs ago I have never had any wobbles. As I said the ride is rough if you hit a pothole and you have to be slow on speed bumps and going up small 1 in curbs such as turning off the rd into a store
The roads are pretty good here in TN. If I lived in PA NJ NY there would be NO WAY i could ride with a strapped down front end. I dont use it for a cruiser mostly street racing, bike nights and sometimes a Sunday Rip.
And the plus side I dont have to worry about emulators rebuilding fork seals or checking the fork pressure LOL!

No more wobbles for me :banana:

Hey, I'm from PA and I take offense that you're suggesting that PA, NJ and NY roads all suck the same! While NJ and NY suck for other reasons (Schumer, Hillery and Newark), no ones roads suck more than PA. Just ask any trucker. So let that be a lesson for you!

Hey, I'm from PA and I take offense that you're suggesting that PA, NJ and NY roads all suck the same! While NJ and NY suck for other reasons (Schumer, Hillery and Newark), no ones roads suck more than PA. Just ask any trucker. So let that be a lesson for you!

Yes I will agree with you on that while Brooklyn has potholes the size that would cause children to disapear if they fell in em.
I remember driving on the PA TRNPK and dodging potholes all the way. When I got to the toll booth to pay the toll collector saod that will 11.85
I said how much to drive on that you should be giving me 20.00 towards struts and a wheel alignment

DO FRAME BRACES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE ?

It's only one part of the solution;

- proper tire inflation & tires in good condition

- good and properly torqued steering head bearings

- good front & back wheel bearings

- good swingarm bearing & properly adjusted

- frame braces & solid motor mounts

- heavy duty frame brace (suject to debate)

- gusset rear frame - near swingarm

- brace rear swingarm

That should do it, now you have a very solid chassis to ride on. The first 5 in my opinion will give most riders big benefits over stock

:cheers: Mike

Back