homemade shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegscraper

Reaction score
I know there are some people here knowledgeable in electronics. Has anyone ever built a shift light, or have an idea on how to do it? There just can't be that much to it.

probably not. harlan is pretty cheap tho.

Maybe not shift light but gear selector.
Works very fine.

shiftf.png

I've done it some time ago for one customer.
He wants display located there, dont ask me why :)

I also dont like that place for that kind selector.

I plan to machine some housing and instal it on bar or on speedo.

But first i must make one for Sean as a promised him :)

how did u have it figure out what gear you were in. something attached to the lever?

LOL, most of the time you find I have great patience.

Sean
LOL yeah you're an patient man and im an ass who only delaying the shippng :rofl_200:
Shame on me :D

how did u have it figure out what gear you were in. something attached to the lever?

Since v-max have only neutral sensor for that time i fabricate my own new gear selector segment by filling old one by
epoxy and instalig pins for a new. It was a hell...then Sean send me a venture cases with gear selector segment.
And Voil?, bolt on ready to install gear selector segment.

Okay, now what about a homemade shift light? It can't be that difficult. I'm thinking of a frequency counter and a threshold detector or something like that.

Its not that simple. You can do it with microcontroler, even simple one like 51 or Atmega, short program and here you go but why?

IMHO gear selector is simple and very cheap but with shift light theres no sense to DIY, better buy one. You will never get that quaility and i doubt that can be cheapo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dyna...ies?hash=item588190cb7d&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vmax...ies?hash=item4a9ae22fa4&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Or you can even go for more and buy mulitigauge with shiftlight like KOSO.

Back