• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Honda V65

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Sabre and loved it until I burned up the second set of cams and honda would not help fix them. Seems now we learn that honda went cheap on the steel used in the cams.

The info:

39k miles
good condition
tool kit included
One year old shinko heavy load touring tires
repair manual clymer
well maintained
extras include back rest
engine guard
highway foot pegs
Valves tuned this season
Fresh oil and filter
New brakes

Make Offer

MUST SELL

text or call 467-three nine five zero
(end of ad)

Looks clean for the age & mileage.

Honda had trouble w/the early first-model heat-treating supposedly, causing wear problems between the cams and the followers. The Honda V4 websites have info on the issue. The extra oil supply kits were a stop-gap measure until they tracked-down the issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 15
The guy put a price on it. Probably got tired of the $500. offers. I think its a pretty good deal. $1200 firm

A great bike to ride to avoid putting miles on the other stablemates, if that's an issue. Plus, you piss-off a lot of H-D riders when you smoke 'em on that 'pile of Jap crap!' I thought the looks were OK, but the 'Max is better.

The guy put a price on it. Probably got tired of the $500. offers. I think its a pretty good deal. $1200 firm

The only thing about the Magnas: their brakes all suck and with the Honda Trac forks are impossible to upgrade. I've had a V65 and currently have a VF700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have pretty much given up on restoring V65's, they aren't selling any more. The bikes I used to get 3-4K for down in Texas, are bringing about half that up here. Believe it or not, 1200 is probably just about right for that bike with 40K miles, I know I couldn't flip it and make enough money to make it worthwhile. I have my personal 86 with less than a thousand miles, and it will probably be a long time before I have another one, unless the market somehow recovers. All muscle bikes are in the $hitter, including the 1st gen VMAX's, Eliminators, etc.........I just think all of the guys "MY AGE", early 50's or so, are just getting to the point where the physical health isn't there any more to ride or restore these machines, and the younger generation doesn't give a crap about them. I just recently restored a 75 Kawasaki Z1 900, simply because their values are still up, and I will never lose any money on it. Can't say that about the 80's muscle bikes any more, outside of the REALLY rare ones!!!! :punk:

Last edited:
Back