Horsepower Gains from Stage 7?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remeber Me

Reaction score
Is this a mod worth doing? I have a '99 with Supertrapp exhaust and stay pretty much at sea level. If it is worth doing how much horsepoer can be gained?

NOTE - I understand you do NOT want to drill slides, change springs, or change air jets (unless you get a stumble).

I gained about 5 horsepower. Drilling slides and using the shorter slide springs increases throttle response. Changing PAJ2 to the DJ190...true...only do that if you're overly rich in upper low end or transition to needle.

Mark

don't forget there are other jet kits that perform well too and still leave you with some midrange and lowend (and money in your pocket).

Sean Morley

Sean, I was referring to you kit when I said I gained 5. You're right, your kit does better for low end and midrange. My hp curve looked perfect in topeka.

Mark

Well I might be able to feel 5 horsepower but for only that much I'm just going to leave it stock. To keep my ego up I just won't pressure my friend to change sprockets on his '07 Zx6r (kaw 600). If he does that all I'll ever see is his arse light to light. His bike is already killing me everywhere else (turns, high speed. That 600 handles so sweet. Best handling kaw ever!). My decision to go with a vmax over that 600 was very close. The vmax is so much more fun just putting around and getting on it light to light (espeically with the supertrapps!) while the 600 is boring when not going flat out and always a little painfull (hands go numb and legs cramp).

Well I might be able to feel 5 horsepower but for only that much I'm just going to leave it stock. To keep my ego up I just won't pressure my friend to change sprockets on his '07 Zx6r (kaw 600). If he does that all I'll ever see is his arse light to light. His bike is already killing me everywhere else (turns, high speed. That 600 handles so sweet. Best handling kaw ever!). My decision to go with a vmax over that 600 was very close. The vmax is so much more fun just putting around and getting on it light to light (espeically with the supertrapps!) while the 600 is boring when not going flat out and always a little painfull (hands go numb and legs cramp).

you wont feel 5 hp usually that gain is in the top rpm range not through the whole rpm range...you can make hp and lose torque..im with you its not worth it for the overall performance in the street

A couple of us are considering going to Topeka next year... Will you install your kit into my Max Sean and tune it or do I need to come to your shop first?:ummm:
I suppose I could install it too, but I want to meet ya'll and get this thing tuned spot on...:thumbs up:

Yeah, there are plenty of people there to help. Just need to change your mains to Mikuni 160's or even 162.5's and maybe shim your stock needles. The rest, just putting the new airbox on, air correctors, oil breather setup. You don't have to drill your slides if you don't want.

Mark

Yeah, there are plenty of people there to help. Just need to change your mains to Mikuni 160's or even 162.5's and maybe shim your stock needles. The rest, just putting the new airbox on, air correctors, oil breather setup. You don't have to drill your slides if you don't want.

Mark

Hmm... I already have different mains (not sure what size) but am running stock needles with a washer to space them up one notch. :hmmm:

Still want to make it there and do it together... I am really anal about my stuff and scratching things so I usually do it all myself...:whistlin:

Don't blame you, you learn more that way. You spent more money upgrading your '06 than I did for my '89. :cheers:

Mark

Don't blame you, you learn more that way. You spent more money upgrading your '06 than I did for my '89. :cheers:

Mark

Is that a good thing... :biglaugh::bang head:

I still need more too... The shocks HAVE to go. They are literally sending me to the Chiro... :surprise:

Yeah, someday. I don't think stock are too bad....my seat is pretty comfy.

Mark

Yeah, someday. I don't think stock are too bad....my seat is pretty comfy.

Mark

My new seat is kicking my ass...:confused2: My ass is to huge... I am literaly starting a new diet today and going to loose 40-50 lbs... Let see if that helps...:punk:

A couple of us are considering going to Topeka next year... Will you install your kit into my Max Sean and tune it or do I need to come to your shop first?:ummm:
I suppose I could install it too, but I want to meet ya'll and get this thing tuned spot on...:thumbs up:

Chris is this you saying this?????

When I offered to let you try my stage 7 carbs you freaked out about wanting to stay stock!!!!!

Chris is this you saying this?????

When I offered to let you try my stage 7 carbs you freaked out about wanting to stay stock!!!!!

Sounds like Sean's setup is pretty good and reliable (not that yours wasn't) so I MIGHT try it...:whistlin:

Back