How badly can my discs get damaged by worn pads???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Rider

Reaction score
Ok - I removed my question.

I have new pads (DP sintered ones). 70 quid (euro) but it's not worth to take the risk. It was a stupid question in the first place...

Last edited:
Nah, no question is a bad question if you don't know the answer or need input from others. Everybody here asks questions at one time or the other, that's why this works so well!
I need to get some new front pads myself, I am looking at the EBC pads from Python, are these what I want for my stock '92? Thanks for your responses in advance!

Ok - I removed my question.

I have new pads (DP sintered ones). 70 quid (euro) but it's not worth to take the risk. It was a stupid question in the first place...

LOL

Using old pads on new rotors is a bad idea... You can sand them down and get rid of a lot of high spots but the DP's are better. I run HH pads and will never use stock again! :thumbs up: You always want to check and make sure you have plenty of pad left so not to get into the backing plate! VERY BAD!

I need to get some new front pads myself, I am looking at the EBC pads from Python, are these what I want for my stock '92? Thanks for your responses in advance!

I've heard that EBC sintered pads (HH) are probably the best on the market for V-Max :thumbs up: You can't go wrong with them :punk:

LOL

Using old pads on new rotors is a bad idea... You can sand them down and get rid of a lot of high spots but the DP's are better. I run HH pads and will never use stock again! :thumbs up: You always want to check and make sure you have plenty of pad left so not to get into the backing plate! VERY BAD!

Well... that wasn't really my question :whistlin: Ok - I was wondering how badly my discs can get damaged by worn pads (almost 'metal to metal' braking) if I keep them on the bike for few days. I didn't want to replace them as I expect R1 calipers next week with pads so to not waste money I tried to get away with completly worn pads for another week. That wasn't wise... I just bought new pads and fitted them. Bit of a waste as I'll keep them for a week or so and then put new calipers on the bike but it was not worth the risk of an accident or damaging the discs which are much more expensive :whistlin:

Thanks lads :punk:

Well... that wasn't really my question :whistlin: Ok - I was wondering how badly my discs can get damaged by worn pads (almost 'metal to metal' braking) if I keep them on the bike for few days. I didn't want to replace them as I expect R1 calipers next week with pads so to not waste money I tried to get away with completly worn pads for another week. That wasn't wise... I just bought new pads and fitted them. Bit of a waste as I'll keep them for a week or so and then put new calipers on the bike but it was not worth the risk of an accident or damaging the discs which are much more expensive :whistlin:

Thanks lads :punk:

Until it is actually metal on metal, the brake pads won't damage your rotor.

Latest posts

Back