How can one tell if a gen 1 has lowering springs/shocks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that most of us that would upgrade or change Rear shocks, fork brace, callipers, braided brake lines, etc... would almost for sure have at least put in progressive front springs and likely lowered it in the process, hard to know though.

Matt

I kept the rear at stock height of 13" (Progressive 440's) and I have both stock rate and HD rear springs. The HD spring were a bit to much spring rate for my tastes even though I weigh in the 290lb range. I only use the HD springs if I'm going on a long trip with saddlebags a large waterproof Wolfman duffle bag and carrying my camping gear.
The front forks I originally lowered them 2" with the progressive kit but I have since removed one of the lowering springs (1") when I installed radials. The turn in is so much quicker with the lower profile radial tires raising it back up 1" helped in that regard.
The bike brakes and handles so much better with aftermarket springs it's not even close as a must do mod. Like Steve mentioned keeping the front end a little lower (suspension wise) helps with more weight on the front which made for better handling.

Back