How do you clean your V Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I start off by rinsing off any mud or dust with a garden hose, then a light spray of S-100, rinse that off with lots of water (before it dries), blow the water drops off with an electric leaf blower, apply some Meguiars quick wax to put a shine on her, and I'm done. Well, almost done, got to take a ride through town, check out her reflection in the store windows (you know, make sure I didn't miss any spots), then I'm done. :clapping:
Total time 1/2-3/4 hr.
Just wondering how everybody else cleans their max's

dan

I use this stuff called 303 aerospace protectant on my car, and tried it out on my vmax last night and it worked great. Makes all of the black plastic look brand new. Otherwise, meguiars for me too!

My bike doesnt get dirty, I drive between the dust particles and rain drops and if a particle gets lucky to sneak a ride I just make a blast up to 160 and blow it off:rofl_200:

All I ever get on mine is a thick rubber build up on the underside of the rear fender.

Two Words - "Honda Polish"

Same here... I only use Honda Spray (polish)... that stuff is amazing.. If I have a real dirty spot I may use something harsher, but in general it takes everything off and leaves a great shine!

What do you guys use to clean the motor and underside?

Rain or a puddle like the Hazzard County carwash. ;-)

I haven't touched my engine yet this year other than to hose off dust. I used turtle wax ice to wax the freshly painted parts and the scoop I polished. I just use mequiars quick detail now for quick touchups. I used a aluminum polish on the wheels but I need something better to get rid of the stubborn areas.
Mostly don't worry about spending hours on cleaning as our riding season is sssooo short and would just rather ride. :punk:

use the can of spray polish also at the dealer...havent washed the bike yet

I also use the honda cleaner. I only use soap and water once a month depending on how much I ride it.

I also use the Honda cleaner if I can find it. They pulled it from the shelves were I live.

I never soak the bike!!! All those electrical problems I read about on the UK V-Max site must have something to do with all that wet weather. S-100 or any decent bike wash on the lower parts only.
Lew

Back