How many "Used" miles is to many?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn:
Just ride it, and change oil every 2000-2500 miles.
For a period of a few years, I went through a "Vmax Touring" phase, and pulled a trailer with it. Now, I took all the saddlebags, and other crap off, and just ride it naked. (The bike, not me.. I weigh 300+ pounds, and the sight of me maked would cause enviornmental catastrophe!):biglaugh:

I got my 98 with 43k. Paid $2800. I did oil/filter, gas filter, KN air filter, plugs, final drive oil, etc, and a real good cleaning. It runs and looks awesome. The key is to buy from someone trustworthy.

I like buying the biggest glob of crap and putting my touches on it until I'm satisfied..or broke. I bought my '85 from an older gent that had a passion for 70's type cafe racers. He used the Max for cruises to visit his grandkids from Dallas to San Antonio. Obviously the bike looked rough externally because it was strictly a long hauler on the weekends. However the mechanicals were solid. I bought the bike with 44K on the clock for $2200. It's been my hobby through the winter and into spring. If you're not into wrench turning I would agree with the others and stick to a post 93 stocker. If you like a challenge, get a 85-86 and upgrade the heck out of it :clapping:

Latest posts

Back