How much is fair?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slcvr6

Reaction score
I've got a couple questions I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

1. Are 1st Gen Vmax's selling well now that the 2nd Gen's are out?
2. What would be a fair price on a 07 Vmax 8k miles?

It's come time for me to move on. The Vmax just isn't the bike for me, as much as I tried to make it. It's too powerful for my riding style, and also too heavy.

I commute alot but also take a few long distance trips a year(500-4000 miles). This year was the first where I didn't take a long trip, I spent all my time waiting for accessories for the max. Got the yamaha windshield and engine gaurds too late in the season to get any use out of them.

I'll include a picture just for the hell of it..
DSC00783.jpg

I've got a couple questions I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

1. Are 1st Gen Vmax's selling well now that the 2nd Gen's are out?
2. What would be a fair price on a 07 Vmax 8k miles?

It's come time for me to move on. The Vmax just isn't the bike for me, as much as I tried to make it. It's too powerful for my riding style, and also too heavy.

I commute alot but also take a few long distance trips a year(500-4000 miles). This year was the first where I didn't take a long trip, I spent all my time waiting for accessories for the max. Got the yamaha windshield and engine gaurds too late in the season to get any use out of them.

I'll include a picture just for the hell of it..
DSC00783.jpg

I don't really know the answer to your value question but you could get some pretty good info by looking at the 'completed listings' for comparable v max's on e Bay. There you will be able to find out what these bikes are selling for and which ones were priced too high.

Very nice looking '07!! :thumbs up:

My guess is gonna be around $8500??

New ones were selling for about 9,500-10,000 so It's gonna have to undercut that, not that there are any new ones now, which may help you.....

You're buyer target is going to be someone who wants a brand new one, becuase if not they can just go back 4-5 model years and probably get it for $6500 or so.....

Sad to say but these bikes plunge drastically when new, but then seem to hold solid value in the $4500-$5500 range for 'effin eternity if they are well kept.......

I'd hate to think about the giant flamin' meat stick I'm gonna take if I ever sell mine:bang head:, I've got over $20k in it and it probably wouldn't sell for $5000......

kelly blue book says if you were going to trade it in to a dealer expect about $6100.
If you were going to buy that bike from a dealer $8500.

Not a great time of year to sell, but i would think you could privately sell it for $7500.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll definitely take a look at the completed listings in ebay. I know I'm gonna miss this bike. I'm sure the next one won't have as much 'soul' as the Max.

Very Nice Max,,its too bad its not a good fit for you,,but it happens. Where did you find that Backrest and luggage combo,,thats different. I like it.
KJK

That is a Renntech setup. I have one also and I think it looks a lot better than the factory version. Costs less also.

Attachments

• Left - Flash.jpg
    Left - Flash.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 20
  • V-MaxSRackREN10179C.jpg
    V-MaxSRackREN10179C.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 22
it seems that the values of a lot of the 07 and before vmaxs that started to fall and fall hard. last year they were selling for more than1000 over retail. now they are selling for less than wholesale. this could also be blaimed on the current state of things.

it seems that the values of a lot of the 07 and before vmaxs that started to fall and fall hard. last year they were selling for more than1000 over retail. now they are selling for less than wholesale. this could also be blaimed on the current state of things.

yea i think its the current economy...

i also think it depends on where you live and who else is looking for one

Back