How much is thing going to cost if it goes on its side?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
I hate to be a killjoy BUT..

Having had a chance to look at close up pics of the new V-max (taken by ROB06 in the thread titled ' Sitting Tall Haha Ha Ha Ha') I was wondering how much is thing is going to cost if it goes on its side :ummm:
There seems to be a lot of very expensive bits that would be trashed even if the beast fell off the side stand let alone a slide down the road.

Any insurance assessors out there care to estimate some costs:ummm:

How much is your deductible? Or, are you only going to carry liability on your $18k bike?

I will get full cover.

Premium has been quoted in other threads as up to 2k per annum. 2k plus a claim excess minus no claim bonus (have not claimed in 25 years) plus an allowance for the full moon blah blah blah....

I am thinking I should take a look at the parts price list before I negotiate cover.

Not so much unlike any other bike that's late model and parts available from dealer only...it would be very expensive...I've seen an FJR1300 get tipped over off the center stand by a car that backed into it at the gas pumps that cost $2500 to repair....

Welcome to the real world I guess you could say...You're not gonna be able to go on Ebay or call your Vmax vendor for replacement parts, that's for sure...

Less than a current model sport bike. If my Aprilia Tuono tipped over in the driveway it would cost an easy $5k in just carbon fiber replacement. Frame sliders are your friend.

Latest posts

Back