How to use community fly wheel puller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
This is for use of the community puller only and does not refer to other puller types.

1. Remove stator cover and the bolt that holds the flywheel onto the crank.

2. Screw the 3 x threaded rods into the f/w face by hand by about 10mm or so, no need to use vice grips or pliers or the threads will be damaged.

3. Slip the puller over the 3 threaded studs with the spigot face first towards to f/w, the spigot will locate into the 22mm diameter recess where the f/w bolt came out. I also stamped "outside" on the outside of the puller so it is fairly bozo proof.

4. Place the 3 x washers, nuts and tighten nuts finger tight EVENLY so the puller face is even and not lop sided. Use a ring spanner only to tighten each nut a little at each time before moving to the next nut, always trying to apply even tension.
The f/w should easily come off. No need to beat on anything, all that will do is damage the puller.

The cad picture shows a bolt instead of the threaded rod and nuts but is really just an illustration only.

Attachments

• vmax  fw puller2.jpg
    vmax fw puller2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 53
  • vmaxpuller.jpg
    vmaxpuller.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 004 (Large).jpg
    004 (Large).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 69
Awesome job Steve, I look forward to receiving it here.

Again, to all Aussie Vmax forum members, this tool belongs to all of us - I will be its keeper and it will be available to all at no charge other than its mailing to and back from you.

Contact me on skype (lepews) or via email ([email protected]) if you need to use it.

Taking the fly wheel off was a pain in the butt. I ended up breaking two pullers and had to go out and get the only one I could find on the internet to get the fly wheel off.

http://www.pcwracing.net/featured.htm

Works great and on first try. Just wish I had access to a Machine shop I could have made the pieces myself and saved some money. :bang head:

This did come in the other day so it's ready to loan out anytime.

Latest posts

Back