Hydraulic bleeding tools, which do you use?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have used speed bleeders a couple of my bikes since 2002 and never had a problem with them (3 bikes since 2002, one already had speed bleeders on it and 2 i put them on and this v max will be my 4th that i use them on). i also have a mighty vac too with reservoir that works good too. i like the speed bleeders better with a clear hose attached draining into a container.

I have always used my Vacula. Its probably a bit much for the home shop though. And you need to have an air source.

Usually though I'll just gravity bleed unless there seems to be a problem or hang up. Then I pull vacuum and get things going, and gravity bleed for a minute or 2 to get the last air out.

Speedbleeders on my ZX11 and they work perfect. I'll put them on the Max when I get SS lines. I use a turkey baster to remove most of the fluid from the res. before bleeding our the old fluid. Only a few pumps to get fresh fluid out the bleeders. Turkey tastes funny though:biglaugh:

Lew

Back