Hydrographics trial

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
So i just wanted to post a pic of my new tank. I did a few trial parts that came out good, so in went the tank. I think it turned out pretty well. Still needs a good clear coat and the a nice polishing but after that it should shine real nice. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345653051.620038.jpg

you did that at home? i heard about that stuff, guys using it on guns and such.....looks cool

Basically you just use there primer (its more of an adhesion promoter) one coat. Then apply your base coat ( color of your choice but it does affect final product), use as many coats as nessasary, 1 hour between coats, then let it dry for a couple hours an you then dip it. Rinse the slim off and let it dry for a day. Tonight i am going to apply Spray Max 2k clear a them polish it tomorrow. Ill post pics of it on the bike when its done. If there is a ton of interest i can do a complete write ip on the process. Thats just tough now on a phone!

this will give you a general idea of how it's done. There's a ton of companies that sell all kinds of designs, you can even send them your own. DIY kits are not that expensive and the results are awesome. From what I've seen it is not that hard to do the key is to use a good quality strong base coat. I've seen few forum members (can't remember who at the moment) do it with very good results. Do a little search online and you will find a ton of information on this stuff, pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjvv7q21o0

Lol what you see and what you can actually do are TWO totally different animals. I do hydrographics and can tell you there a lot mote to it if you want good durable professional results.

Easy parts like a tank cover don't take a lot of skill. But more complex parts with intricate areas require skill.

The tank cover you did look nice in the picture. Can't wait to see the final product.

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Looks like you did a good job.

Agrred with all the comments. Possibilities are really endless. I am sure a professional setup would produce better results, or at least it should. For the do it yourselfer the results are amazing though! I wouldnt put anything on my bike that didnt look professionally done. Its all about properly completely each step!!! Here is a pic after i sprayed it clear. Its still wet. Its almost impossible to avoid orange peel ( you all have it one your cars ) but thats where some 1500 and 2000 grit wet sanding comes in. The a good polishing compound and the a buffing compound. After that a bit of wax snd your good to go. ill do a little write after its all done for those who may wish to try it. Not attempting to take anyones business away by any means. Just showing the possibilities for those DIY people. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345673854.694944.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345673876.992739.jpg

Think it would be awesome to do a vmax in red, silver, and black. Tank cover, rear fender, front fender. Buy one with less popular color and color.

Agrred with all the comments. Possibilities are really endless. I am sure a professional setup would produce better results, or at least it should. For the do it yourselfer the results are amazing though! I wouldnt put anything on my bike that didnt look professionally done. Its all about properly completely each step!!! Here is a pic after i sprayed it clear. Its still wet. Its almost impossible to avoid orange peel ( you all have it one your cars ) but thats where some 1500 and 2000 grit wet sanding comes in. The a good polishing compound and the a buffing compound. After that a bit of wax snd your good to go. ill do a little write after its all done for those who may wish to try it. Not attempting to take anyones business away by any means. Just showing the possibilities for those DIY people. View attachment 31195View attachment 31196

Looks good!

Think it would be awesome to do a vmax in red, silver, and black. Tank cover, rear fender, front fender. Buy one with less popular color and color.

Yes, I like keeping to the fenders & tank cover. That color combo could be very interesting. Also, different %'s of each color would create an entirely different look.

That stuff is pretty-interesting.

Here is a couple pictures of skull ones I did. Its probably one of my favorite designs.

Skull1.jpg
Hydrographicskull2012.jpg
skulls2012.jpg
skulls2012-1.jpg

Tank still needs its wet sanding but its all mocked up with its new custom gauge cluster. Now just a little polishing and some wiring tomorrow and its all done. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345920509.788432.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345920528.574805.jpg

Latest posts

Back