I am totally screwed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Finally got a scout, took it out tonight and was wheeling it through some very very mild mud and trails. I let my friend drive it and he took off out of the woods where we were playing and got it stuck about 250 yards from anything solid, in a flooded part of a field. I couldnt stop him. He was probaly going 20mph or more then KAPLUNK into the hole he went. Tried to pull it out with a 1 ton chevy but its too soft to get any traction and the thing is sitting frame deep in mud with about 3 inches of standing water over it. Sunk down halfway to my knees when i went to hook chains to it. Ive been out there for 6 hours and i cant get it out.

Before i could run out to stop him, he had it buried to the axles. He bailed out as soon as he found a ride, didnt even help me. No longer my friend. Screw him.

Lesson learned the hard way i suppose. We shouldnt have never been out there. The guy who came to try to pull it out tells me people get arrested for trespassing out there once in a while mudding.

Im probably going to jail and spending a lot of money over this. I dont see any way of getting it out without a tractor. Im going to take some money and find the guy who owns the field and offer him cash to help me if he will forget about it and be completely and totally honest about it. Hope honesty works in my favor. Otherwise im in deep trouble.

I thought about going back out tomorrow with a shovel to dig it out but i feel that if im not honest and go to him first he might be waiting for me and press charges. I think if im honest i might have a chance. What a headache. I have definitely earned dumbass of the decade award tonight

OUCH!!!!

I have no help to offer.....

You need somthing with a winch....

I'd make sure your "freinds" remains were buried in the hole you make removing the Scout from the mud..

I'd make sure your "freinds" remains were buried in the hole you make removing the Scout from the mud..

Absolutely, sometimes throwing one of those 'friends' under a drive wheel will give you just enough traction to get out! :biglaugh:

JK, man! That really blows! Gotta say, if I owned the land and you came to me with that story, I'd be giving you a hand getting it out, and keep your money!

Prolly have to say somethin' like "maybe pick better friends, next time!"

Good luck, a decent tractor should yank it right out.

Hey Clintard, I've been there many times, up here in the great north - mudbogging used to be a favorite passtime a few years back.

Sorry to hear about your situation tho. There are a few ways of getting it out - wrecker/tactor or use a jackall to lift the truck up, than place wood width wise of the truck, than we used to use steel ramps (used to put quads in back of truck) on top of wood, lower truck on to the ramps, drive forward and redo till your out.

Can use a winch from another vehicle or your truck - if a truck can't get close enough, than take a spare rim/tire and bury it standing up, 3/4 the way in the gound and tie your winch cablke to it to help pull out.

Hope it all works out for you.

Mike

I can't see you going to jail over this unless you beat the shit out of your "friend". Do you know anyone that owns heavy equipment, like a dozer or backhoe? You may need that to get it out.

We did the same shit back in the 70's in western NY. The farmer will bitch & grumble, but he'll have a grin on his face as he's pulling your ass out...:biglaugh:

I got it out! Damn it was hard work, and it SUCKED. Of course when you need someone noones available to help. I hauled a floor jack over my shoulder at least a mile to where the truck was, then i went back and brung 4, 2x8 boards and chugged them bastards through it. Thought i was gonna have a heart attack and die. I brung a shovel and dug the frame out laying on my side and then jammed the boards under the tires and after about 5 hours of fucking with it ready to give up she walked up on the boards and then bogged her way out. I got lucky as hell.

I went to the farmer this morning and was honest with him. He was a complete asshole and was yelling at me and shit untill i stuffed 100$ bill in his hand and said shut the fuck up and forget it ever happened.

Im so tired, im about to fall over dead. Catch yall later!

Oh and karma is a BITCH. My "friend" locked the front brake up on his rocket today and dumped it. Didnt get hurt but totally fucked up all the new plastic and engine covers he replaced since the last time he dumped it. That cat aint got many lifes left.

I got it out! Damn it was hard work, and it SUCKED. Of course when you need someone noones available to help. I hauled a floor jack over my shoulder at least a mile to where the truck was, then i went back and brung 4, 2x8 boards and chugged them bastards through it. Thought i was gonna have a heart attack and die. I brung a shovel and dug the frame out laying on my side and then jammed the boards under the tires and after about 5 hours of fucking with it ready to give up she walked up on the boards and then bogged her way out. I got lucky as hell.

I went to the farmer this morning and was honest with him. He was a complete asshole and was yelling at me and shit untill i stuffed 100$ bill in his hand and said shut the fuck up and forget it ever happened.

Im so tired, im about to fall over dead. Catch yall later!

What the hell did you give him the $100 for?

What the hell did you give him the $100 for?

The guy was talking about calling the cops and was flipping his lid. They call the place we were screwing around lances hole. His son was killed back in the 80s when he rolled a truck over down in there. Ever since then hes been super strict and calls the cops. Lot of kids go to jail for petty shit like underage drinking and trespassing on his property. I didnt want to deal with the headache of the cops being involved. Shouldnt of been down there in the first place, i knew better. Live and learn

Back