I don't want to ruffle anynes feathers... BUT

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well put Sean. Let's not forget it's the love of the bike that brings us all here (and to the VMOA). Give if you can and/or want to. This isn't college, and you don't necessarily have to pay to play. Just keep riding.

Well said...it's about the bike. If paying a VMOA membership makes it more special, so be it.

A good person will help others regardless of affiliations and will travel out of his/her way to do so. Any rider who receives help from a good person and thinks they're getting it because of a club membership is mistaken.

Blaine

Before I bought a Vmax I email Sean Morley with some questions. He emailed me right back and at the bottom of his signature was "Welcome to the VMOA". I thought, well that must be a great group of considerate helpful riders. I was half right, lol. After I joined the VMOA (because of sean) I needed my carbs rebuilt. I had a local chapeter leader (Maleko) rebuild em. They needed new Diaphrams, damn! I had to buy all four, with my VMOA discount I saved about 90$ on the diaphrams. That paid my VMOA subscription for 3 years in my book. Plus I got to have an experienced Vmax guy rebuild em. So far so good for me in the VMOA. Im not saying its perfect but it does what i need it to do. I havent ever made it to the only VMOA event in a 250 miles radius from me but one day I will hope to meet these guys.

I've been a member on and off with the VMOA since 2006. I didn't have much interest in the whole idea until Robert, Kyle , Sean and some of the others showed me that they really do care. I post here and there on the forum, more lately. There are so many good people I've decided that I'll stay. The people make up the VMOA for me. I do wish the website were out of the 90's but I can live with that. I have a lot of things going right and wrong in my life. The VMOA's members in general are great to be around. The people dearly love the VMax and so do I.

Now I've found this web site, I have the best of both worlds...

Dave / VMOA SpecOps13-4517

glad you chose to stay. Hopfully there will be another member joining soon and signing up here as well.

While out cruising around I spotted an 06 with a big hindle w/ a carbon can parked outside of an office building.

I shot home and put 6 Vboost mags and my Ak rep VMOA business card in an envelope then left it on his/her bike. That brings a total of 7 Maxes in my town that I know of.

Ron,

We do understand that the website has some issues. These are being worked on by the VMOA Directors and our own Buster. One thing that folks have to understand is that everyone who is a Director, Officer, and Webmaster are volunteers. Nobody is making money at this and we all do what we can as we can. Sometimes things may take a while to fix, but they do get done. Whether you join the VMOA is up to you.

Jim,

You may want to check your fact's regarding, "Nobody is making money at this" I received a phone call a week ago from one of the VMOA "volunteers" and he was pissed that Kelvin and his wife's trip to Thunder this year was funded by the VMOA.

Did you know this?

Just doesn't seem right to me.

Odd that someone would call a week ago for an event that is going on right now. Just saying that there is no possible way that someone would call you to tell you this and have any basis in fact. Of course they could also bring it up to the Board of Directors or myself instead of calling you:confused2:

Odd that someone would call a week ago for an event that is going on right now. Just saying that there is no possible way that someone would call you to tell you this and have any basis in fact. Of course they could also bring it up to the Board of Directors or myself instead of calling you:confused2:

Jim,

I not sure why the timing of the call is relevant, but what do I know:confused2:

Jim, there's obviously and issue with trust. And as you know I have been around for many years, I still have some close friends in the organization. They just don't come forward because they would be ostracized.

Some of your "volunteers" are playing you Jim, and you don't even know it.

Keep your head buried in the sand. All is well, Life is good, The VMOA is run by honest people. :rofl_200:

Last edited:
I suppose if you're looking for a dollar for dollar return from your dues or donation money you're prolly not going to get it. It's just not that tangible, but if you are interested in being part of the 'V Max Brotherhood' then $30 to the VMOA and $50 to the VMF every year is a tiny price to pay! About a week and a half of smokes for a smoker, a few hours in a bar for a drinker....not much IMO!!

Don't think there are too many places where you can send your carbs to a guy for cleaning and he'll put them on his bike after to check them out, or find a guy who'll ride for several hours to help someone install a jet kit...just cause he likes to do it, or be rebuilding a basket case and receive all kinds of parts & peices from guys you've never laid eyes on (no charge, not even shipping)....that's the 'Brotherhood' I'm referring to.

I feel lucky to have run across this group of people, both the VMF and the VMOA. Of course there will be folks who don't agree with me, to them I say..."Save your money, don't join either organization!" But you know what...we'll help you out anyway, all you gotta do is ask!
Very well put, i agree 100%

They just don't come forward because they would be ostracized.

Some of your "volunteers" are playing you Jim, and you don't even know it.

Keep your head buried in the sand. All is well, Life is good, The VMOA is run by honest people. :rofl_200:[/QUOTE]

I can speak to part about feeling ostracized. Speak out against the VMOA, even in an objective way, and some members take it very personally. Fortunately, to the folks around here who matter to me, my comments against the VMOA have been taken as just another person's opinion and that's all.

Blaine

I let my VMOA membership expire and I am not rushing to renew. I got tired of the personal attacks that should not have been public forum. My biggest complaint is that the site does not have a user friendly, simple photo upload. This site is nice and easy but the VMOA site is stupidly complicated for non-computer savy users. I may come back if they fix these issues but for now I will stay here. docalyn-2003 VMax with many upgrades.

If I quit the VMOA id give my dues to this site. I dont support as much as I need to on this site. Im, usually just too broke to support both. but 25$ a year wouldnt kill me for both youd think.

If I quit the VMOA id give my dues to this site. I dont support as much as I need to on this site. Im, usually just too broke to support both. but 25$ a year wouldnt kill me for both youd think.

Both forums have their merits. Look at it this way: if you had 2 or 3 great newspapers in one city you'd have good choices for news coverage. These newspapers would probably share similar content regarding events, stories, people, etc but the way the stories are written, presented, or illustrated may be different.

For reasons of individual taste or preference some may prefer one paper over the other but since each choice is good, no one should be any more or less informed. As such, I don't feel anyone is losing out by supporting one VMax group and not the other.

So stick to one membership and keep the extra coin...or spend it on a few packs of smokes, a jug, a case of beer or take a kid to a movie...you'll still be supporting the Vmax community.

Cheers!

Blaine

Latest posts

Back