I got nothin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

Reaction score
Attemptedbto ride my bike to work thus morning for the first time in a few weeks. Stopped at the gas station. Came out, turned the key, hit the starter and heard a fizzle and a pop and now i have no power to anything. I really thought it was going to be a great day when i pulled out of the drive way this morning and rung the bike through the first 4 gears. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Obviously a dead short involving the primary circuit in some fashion. Check the main fuse, of course. Look for a skinned wire on the hot lead from the battery and work out from there. You're probably gonna go thru a few fuses while you track it down. Be glad your wire harness didn't vaporize, or your bike caught on fire.

Ended up checking the main fuse . Wasnt blown. The plug to the box looked a little loose. Just unplugged it and plugged it back in and everything came back.

Dielectric grease is a good idea for all of your electrical connections. I suggest everyone use that on all of their connections. Helps with continuity, corrosion, and water intrusion. Just my one cent!

G
Ill be looking at it closer once i get home. I was in a rush to get to work this morning.

Yup. The funny thing is, is when i was a kid helping my dad wrench in the garage he had an easy button. Everytime we would fix something he would hit the easy button and it would say "that was easy".

I have one of those at home. I should start using it more, might help with the whole "I-sure-hope-to-bloody-hell-that-I-can-retire-early-someday-and-live-an-amazing-life-with-the-woman-of-my-dreams-and-have-beautiful-kids-and-a-Gen-2-Vmax-next-to-my-85" quest.

I have one of those at home. I should start using it more, might help with the whole "I-sure-hope-to-bloody-hell-that-I-can-retire-early-someday-and-live-an-amazing-life-with-the-woman-of-my-dreams-and-have-beautiful-kids-and-a-Gen-2-Vmax-next-to-my-85" quest.
It might work!

Dielectric grease is a good idea for all of your electrical connections. I suggest everyone use that on all of their connections. Helps with continuity, corrosion, and water intrusion. Just my one cent!

G

AGREED. I installed a new battery and COP's and I greased every connector before reassembling the bike.

Latest posts

Back