I need a new bag.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89max

Reaction score
So I have this bag. No, no, no, it's on the back of the bike. I mean, behind the passenger's seat. I think it's known as a "barrel bag". Anyhow, it old, the straps are broken and have been replaced by leather belts. And the zippers starting to tear out. I love the bag, it's the perfect size to hold my rain gear and a few spare tools, sunglasses, etc.

I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot for the life of me find a similar bag. Anyone know where I might find a new one?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366069520.079742.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366069553.462510.jpg

I think it's time to move-up to something like a Nelson-Rigg EXP200 'tail bag.'
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXPANDABLE-PRO-TAIL-PACK-NELSON-RIGG-EXP-200-BLK-BLK-/150836407720
You can't beat the warranty!
621026a.jpg

Or try this:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/124/34271/ITEM/MotoCentric-Cruiser-Roll-Tail-Bag.aspx
0000-MotoCentric-MC-Cruiser-Roll-Bag-Black.jpg
9 x 14 x 9" MotoCentric Cruiser Roll Tail Bag $41.00

Well, the Nelson looks a little big and bulky to leave on there full time. That's why I love the worn out bag I have now. When attached and full, it sits about level with the seat.
The second doesn't look bad though. I'll have to look tomorrow and see where the dimensions line up on the bike.

My tourmaster bags have a barrel bag that attaches to it. Not sure if the bag only is sold by itself.

Actually, just looked through my suppliers and found a couple you may like.

Attachments

• Momentum Bag.gif
    Momentum Bag.gif
    42.1 KB · Views: 44
I'm a huge fan of Nelson-Rigg. Have two tail bags (lg and sm), saddlebags and tank bag that can be used as a tail bag also. The tank bag has 4 mounting systems so can be used on any bike or configuration. "NewEnough" (old name, don't remember new name but can Google old name) has several N-R items on sale/clearance at great prices. The small tail bag should fit your needs. Have one on my bike right now but not near at present time to get picture. Go to N-R website to see what they have.

That is the sort of thing that I would look at getting from a leather worker!
What you could do is google "leather barrel bag motorcycle"!

Take a look at Kriega drypacks. A bit pricey but you get what you're paying for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm still looking around, don't know what I'll do yet.
Sean, what kinda price is available on that one on the right in the pic? The one without the studs.

I have tried almost every type and combination of seat/tail bag, saddlebag and trunk over the years. If you are going to use the OEM backrest/luggage rack you will need a different type of bag unless you get the small roll bag. The combination of the small rack and backrest angle limits the footprint of the bag. I would recommend a bag designed for backrests. They are taller with a smaller base and the mounting system usually attaches over the backrest. These can be mounted on the rack or turned around and mounted on the seat when solo. Also often makes a nice backrest for the rider in that mode. The angled one shown in post with the yellow Max probably wouldn't fit with the OEM backrest/rack.

I have tried almost every type and combination of seat/tail bag, saddlebag and trunk over the years. If you are going to use the OEM backrest/luggage rack you will need a different type of bag unless you get the small roll bag. The combination of the small rack and backrest angle limits the footprint of the bag. I would recommend a bag designed for backrests. They are taller with a smaller base and the mounting system usually attaches over the backrest. These can be mounted on the rack or turned around and mounted on the seat when solo. Also often makes a nice backrest for the rider in that mode. The angled one shown in post with the yellow Max probably wouldn't fit with the OEM backrest/rack.
This ^

Latest posts

Back