I say 9.5 ET....stock, with drag radial....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool if that were the case that would be a piece of Vmax" drag racing" history for sure.

Some of you guys sure like to speculate don't ya? Haha

hahaha....yup...when you got no data thats what you do....just like stock brokers....

truthfully on other vmax fan site there is less concern that the thing is a slug....and when you think about it all indications are that this bike will be faster than the original... and the original was a 10 sec bike and apparently a 9+ bike in the right hands....

i dont think yamaha would bother doing all this if it was a slug.... i bet you they throw it to Patric racing...win everything in sight......

I read the cycleworld last night and they wre doin a 180mph shootout. but with that came the 1/4 mile times. Surprise the hayabusa took top honors with (i beleive) a 9.8 second quarter. Now i know that is a big liter sportbike and the Vmax is not competing in that realm but if u are making a dragbike it better beat all the others. IMHO. The R1 was low 10s. Still it will kik any other CRUISERs ass out there .... but the Gen 1 will do that.

If you guys can't find your articles, someone say something and I will try to post mine. After reading Hercules post, I could almost recite these lines verse for verse from 1986. I had the Marubi Red (maroon) 86 Max. Jay lives in town where I am although I have never sought him out. I am sure he would enjoy you guys reliving the (Glory Days) Paul Civitello said he had a set of Kosmans for a Max for sale last time I spoke to him. I do not think they were the lace ups (spoked) wheels. Still, pretty light. I am guessing low nines with aggressive weight loss, aftermarket electronics and a slick and good rider not a great one.

Just as more speculation about what the bike will do in the hands of the normal.

I've seen literally HUNDREDS of passes out at Houston Raceway Park by the sportbike crowd on Hayabusas strapped down with exhaust pipe and Power commanders.

It's actually kinda rare to see one get below 10.00 with the normal weekend warrior guy on it. These are the ones without the stretched swingarm, which usually run in the 9.75 range.

The regulars I see out there that run enough that they are really pretty dang good for a non-pro might see occasional low, low 9's on the stretched bikes but it's pretty rare..

Kind of explains why there are so few 10 second maxes let alone the 9's

My guess is 100% bone stock except for strapping the front, in the hands of the mere mortals the new max is gonna get guys like all of us (average weight probably 215-235, based on a lot of old posts) in the low 10's

Guys like Pee-Pee and Ricky Gadson are here to remind us we ARE mere mortals compared to them, and it's not just thier size.....

hayabusa ...is a big liter sportbike and the Vmax is not

Its funny how perspective changes...
....in england PB Magazine is a pretty hard core sport bike deal and they just did a test from London to asia in 24 hours (4 rider relay sharing one bike)...the hayabusa averaged 150mph for the journey if memory serves.... and their opinion?....... its NOT a sport bike.
..to big to heavy....good at what its made for (crossing huge distances at high speed) but they dont view it as a sport bike....in fact they found it far more comfortable than a TRUE sport bike (R1, Gixxer, 1098 etc etc) ....comfy, quiet, calm, capable ,powerful...seriously those where the words used....sound familiar?

Just as more speculation about what the bike will do in the hands of the normal.

I've seen literally HUNDREDS of passes out at Houston Raceway Park by the sportbike crowd on Hayabusas strapped down with exhaust pipe and Power commanders.

It's actually kinda rare to see one get below 10.00 with the normal weekend warrior guy on it. These are the ones without the stretched swingarm, which usually run in the 9.75 range.

The regulars I see out there that run enough that they are really pretty dang good for a non-pro might see occasional low, low 9's on the stretched bikes but it's pretty rare..

My guess is 100% bone stock except for strapping the front, in the hands of the mere mortals the new max is gonna get guys like all of us (average weight probably 215-235, based on a lot of old posts) in the low 10's

Guys like Pee-Pee and Ricky Gadson are here to remind us we ARE mere mortals compared to them, and it's not just thier size.....

an excellent point.....and one that needs reminding from time to time.... i was looking at some race results in england drag racing and ya the haybusa is all over the place there.....but it is typically a 10 second bike for average guys...well guys who compete in england anyway.... it seems that the group of busa became 9 sec bikes only when turbos nitro and other boosts were used in the next class up..... i know everybody has a friend with a busa who can do 9s stock, with a case of beer on the tank, but this was general data i got from the race results so....there ya go

so lets put it out there.....magazines can do nines on a busa but real people get say mid to low 10s...
New vmax.......low 9s in the mags and low 10s for us dudes....us 150 pound dudes......

Its funny how perspective changes...
....in england PB Magazine is a pretty hard core sport bike deal and they just did a test from London to asia in 24 hours (4 rider relay sharing one bike)...the hayabusa averaged 150mph for the journey if memory serves.... and their opinion?....... its NOT a sport bike.
..to big to heavy....good at what its made for (crossing huge distances at high speed) but they dont view it as a sport bike....in fact they found it far more comfortable than a TRUE sport bike (R1, Gixxer, 1098 etc etc) ....comfy, quiet, calm, capable ,powerful...seriously those where the words used....sound familiar?

Most guys I know that are older and moved from "Real" sport bikes to Busa's or ZX14's for the comfort:ummm: say the same thing and for the same reason...it's 125lbs heavier, longer and lower than "true" sport bikes......they say they aren't that good in the corners either....Apparently they never rode a pig like the Vmax...:rofl_200:

Having ridden a 'Busa I can say it's more comfortable than any Max is with standard controls for a distance. So I understand where they're coming from when they say they jump to the 'Busa or '14 for comfort reasons. I also agree with them not riding a Max if they're saying those bikes aren't good in the corners haha.

The new VMAX will run in the 9's the way it sits. I am shooting for mag times of 9.20's-9.30's I am saying the avg rider here will see 9.80's give or take a tenth.
If it doesnt run in mid 9's I would be pist after spending all that money.

Having ridden a 'Busa I can say it's more comfortable than any Max is with standard controls for a distance. So I understand where they're coming from when they say they jump to the 'Busa or '14 for comfort reasons. I also agree with them not riding a Max if they're saying those bikes aren't good in the corners haha.

i find my ducati a serious torture device and my max heavan in comparison....frame of reference i guess..... i just can see how a busa could be more comfortable than a max but i would have to try...im sure there is something to it...

The new VMAX will run in the 9's the way it sits. I am shooting for mag times of 9.20's-9.30's I am saying the avg rider here will see 9.80's give or take a tenth.
If it doesnt run in mid 9's I would be pist after spending all that money.

ricky was profiled draggin the new zx14 in motorcyclist ...he got 9.67 on it....

in that article they alude to a "top level rider who cant be named due to contractural resaons" having gone back to back with the kawi and busa and that stock stock stock, best rider, 40 runs with a tie down strap..... neither bike got below 9.5.......... So id go with that for what those two mosters can do befor mods.... if the story about the vmax having a true 240hp (electronically limited to only in the first4 gears) then id say we have quite a story to tell....

i find my ducati a serious torture device and my max heavan in comparison....frame of reference i guess..... i just can see how a busa could be more comfortable than a max but i would have to try...im sure there is something to it...

I've ridden a ZX14 3 times for around a total of 50 miles; including one run all the way to the speed limiter.

In spite of what the seating position looks like it would feel the thing is a cadillac at speed above 40mph, super quite and very comfortable, almost no wind noise. 186 felt like 130 on my vmax.

I've ridden a ZX14 3 times for around a total of 50 miles; including one run all the way to the speed limiter.

In spite of what the seating position looks like it would feel the thing is a cadillac at speed above 40mph, super quite and very comfortable, almost no wind noise. 186 felt like 130 on my vmax.

really? im amazed by this.... there is no pressure on your wrists??

Cycle World predicts a low 10 possibly a high 9. They think the neutered top speed is going to hurt the 1/4 time. I agree. By pass the speed limiter and a mid to low 9 should be within grasp.

really? im amazed by this.... there is no pressure on your wrists??

I was too......sitting at a redlight for very long would put pressure on them but at speed it's a "balance" ........

I ain't saying it's a gold wing tho':biglaugh:

:eek:fftopic: And a Hayabusa and ZX14 riding comfort has to do with the New Generation Vmax how???

They talked comfort on a Max and then brought up speed, I brought up that a Max with standard controls is uncomfortable compared to the 'Busa I rode when putting any kind of miles on the bikes. The 'Busa being faster and more comfortable than the Max is what I was getting at. I didn't buy a Max for those reasons, I bought it to be different and have fun on.

Now that I have my forward controls and Muscle Seat I love the Max on highway trips.

Latest posts

Back