Idle adj. screw "O" Rings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headknocker

Reaction score
Ok some where on here i seen that someone was looking for an "O" Ring that they had lost when removing the idle adj. screw for a shotgun cleaning, if you go to the dealer they will try to sell you the whole unit Idle screw, and all i found a part # its a susuki# 13295-26E00 thats just the "O" Ring its about $3

I've got a bunch of them I use for carb builds. They are cheap. 1mm (thick) x 2mm diameter if I remember right.

I am going to do the "Shooting the Shotgun" and I have a question.

In one of the steps it says

You should get the screw, a spring a small washer and an o-ring. If you don't get the o-ring, try putting the red carb cleaner straw down the hole and blast more air down PAJ1.

This may sound like a dumb question but I have never done this so I want to be sure rather than sorry for not asking.

Once the procedure is done in what order does the screw washer and o-ring go back in. Also if you have to blow air in to pop the screw out how the heck do you get the whole setup back in.

Is there a specific size and type of screwdriver that you use?

Thanks

Ron

Its very important to use the correct size screw driver. If you strip the slot on the screw head you will be in deep doo doo. Secondly, count the turns out so it can be reset correctly. I use a rather unorthodox way of removing the screw. (gonna catch hell for this) I use a small piece of clear tubing to suck the screw to the edge of the carb body after its been unscrewed past the treads. Use a tooth pick or the like to remove the washer and "O" ring before spraying carb cleaner in if they don't come out with the screw. Or use the straw from the cleaner. Start the bike and spray into the hole liberally till you feel its clean. I use anti seize on the brass threads, then the spring, washer and finally the rubber o ring.

I'll let the others jab you about the sucking the screw.....lol So when you put it back together you have a screw ( keep in mind I have never seen this screw yet ) and you slide the spring , washer, and then o-ring over the screw and then insert it back into the hole and screw back in to where it was set ?

Yes, its about an inch long and needle shaped. The spring will slip on first then a very small washer and equally sized black rubber "O" ring. Be careful not to damage the tip of the needle but clean it as well if there's black soot on it. Brass and aluminum will corrode after time so I like to put a dab of anti-seize on the threads so I know it will remove in the future.

I can take pic's if you want...Of the screw...Not me sucking on a tube, you figure that part out.

That wuld be great, pictures always help... I'll figure the sucking part out like you said......lol

Start by slowly turning in the screw and count the turns, they may be down to a 1/4 turn so pay attention. Write it down! Then remove as mentioned before, do the cleaning, then reinstall like the pic's show. If the air/fuel screws haven't ever been touched then you will see a lead seal over the hole I'm pointing at. If this is the case then you will need to CAREFULLY use a small drill bit and drill a hole in the seal, once it breaks through STOP so you don't drill into the brass screw underneath. Then use a screw like a drywall type, gently turn it in till it gets tight then using pliers pull the seal out to get to the A/F screw underneath.

Attachments

• carb needle 014.jpg
    carb needle 014.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • carb needle 015.jpg
    carb needle 015.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 23
  • carb needle 016.jpg
    carb needle 016.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 27
I am truly disappointed in some of you guys on this forum. I unzipped and dropped my pants for all to poke fun at me and so far...NOTHING.
Weeeell its tooo late now Jackson! lol

I assume this was when you were just learning how to suck the straw...... you really should have drained your carb bowls and not wear a paper hat when dealing with your carbs :rofl_200:

straw.jpg

Back