I'll be home for Christmas....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic981

Reaction score
I've been over here in Afghanistan since May, and thought I was going to be over here until January. But today, I found out that I'll be back in the States by Christmas. I'll be there in less than a week actually.

The other side of the story is that I'm going to Africa in January for six months. I'm fine with that, but it just means I won't be able to ride my new Max until late July or early August. :bang head: Then I'll be back over here in Afghanistan until February 2010.

Before anyone asks, my dad is getting my Max til then.

thats great news....are they having turkey today for you guys

Hey that is good news.
I've spent a couple of Christmas's in the middle east and .....Well, you know what I mean. No place like home at Christmas time. :eusa_dance:

I've been over here in Afghanistan since May, and thought I was going to be over here until January. But today, I found out that I'll be back in the States by Christmas. I'll be there in less than a week actually.

The other side of the story is that I'm going to Africa in January for six months. I'm fine with that, but it just means I won't be able to ride my new Max until late July or early August. :bang head: Then I'll be back over here in Afghanistan until February 2010.

Before anyone asks, my dad is getting my Max til then.
Hey that's great news! Glad to hear you will be home with family for Christmas.
Thank-you for your service to our country. :worthy:
Be well and wish all your fellow soldiers the best this holiday season! :thumbs up:

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes! We had a great Thanksgiving dinner. I'll be off of here for a few days at least. I could be back in the States as early as Sunday, but we'll see how it goes. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, as well. And go Titans!

Joey

medic981 , THANKS FOR PROTECTING ALL OF US ! YOUR THE MAN ! I'D LIKE TO REACH OUT & OFFER TO KEEP YOUR NEW V-MAX WARM FOR YOU , UNTILL YOU COME HOME :biglaugh: ! IT'S THE LEAST I CAN DO ! ALL KIDDING A'SIDE , BE SAFE ! :punk:

AFRICOM- not sure that is a step up :) Hell of a way to save money though...

I'm home!!!! I got in late last night, and it's so good to be home. It's a bit of a culture shock coming back here. It was so different being in the middle of huge crowds at the airport. Kinda freaked me out a little, but I'm sure that will go away soon. It's also nice to be able to talk to just about anybody, and they speak the same language as me!

Thank you for all the prayers, well wishes, and encouragement. I wish I could say that all my friends and fellow soldiers will be coming home too, but I can't. So remember them and the families they have left behind.

You gentlemen are genuinely a cut above the rest. Every one of you.

:worthy::clapping:

Welcome home! Enjoy your time off and be careful. I recently read where more marines are being killed in motorcycle accidents than by the enemy in the middle east.

Latest posts

Back