I'm bummin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
so i did all the work to the max i wanted to get done before spring except for exhaust and washed it and waxed it. i got the shortened kickstand on it and went to park it back in its hole and figured i would try to squeeze the clutch in. well i couldn't grip the handle bar very well since i tried to chop off my thumb and its not fully healed yet, squeezing the clutch lever was a no go. i sure hope i am able to use the clutch or i'm screwed unless there's a way to remove the fluid clutch and replace it with something else like air or something?? i'm kinda worried, i dont wanna not be able to ride again.

You can find a 2003 FJR1300 clutch master, it is much easier pull. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and this mod really helped me. (2003 and 2004 masters have the mirrow mounts)

The FJR will make it easier for sure. BUT, you need to have the lever adjusted all the way out to get enough travel for the complete disengagement.

Sean

The FJR will make it easier for sure. BUT, you need to have the lever adjusted all the way out to get enough travel for the complete disengagement.

Sean

how can you tell complete disengagement? i'm worried mine wasn't disengaging all the way, causing the bluing on my plates when i went to the fjr masters. with the dd mod now i want to make sure.

If it's not disengaging all the way it will have a pull at stoplights and be hard to get into and out of gear.

Take it easy on that thumb it takes quite a while for muscles & bones to heal properly. It could take a few months for that thing to start to work & feel halfway normal. Take it from some one that tore up lots of Muscles & bones. I learned the hardway what happens when you push the healing process you usually end up starting over again:bang head:

If it's not disengaging all the way it will have a pull at stoplights and be hard to get into and out of gear.

so if the tire doesn't spin in gear on the centerstand without brake and clutch in, i should be all the way disengaged yea?

it will turn by itself but i think once i apply the brake and let go it stops.

Take it easy on that thumb it takes quite a while for muscles & bones to heal properly. It could take a few months for that thing to start to work & feel halfway normal. Take it from some one that tore up lots of Muscles & bones. I learned the hardway what happens when you push the healing process you usually end up starting over again:bang head:

yea i didn't mean to highjack this thread. along these lines, sorry about that bro! i hope you feel better. at least the bike will be goregous when you're ready right?

yea i didn't mean to highjack this thread. along these lines, sorry about that bro! i hope you feel better. at least the bike will be goregous when you're ready right?

ahh no problem man, that is pertinent info that i would need to know anyhow if i need to do the swap, hijack away. no worries:punk::punk:

yeah my wife is my therapist and keeps yelling at me about over doing it, i just want it to be better like yesterday... this really sucks!!!

'06 Kawi concours also has a 14mm master too. No mirror mounts though. Check ebay for a cheap one.

My boss was in a bad accident and had multiple surgeries on ankles, hands, a thumb. It took lots of therapy but he still gets out there.

yeah my wife is my therapist and keeps yelling at me about over doing it, i just want it to be better like yesterday... this really sucks!!!
We are a little hard headed back in my younger days I wore a walking cast on my ankle for over 6 months instead of the 6 weeks I was supposed to. I pay a little more attention now but to watch me you would never know my back has been broke in 3 spots.

Back