Im inspired indeed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
I was browsing google and found this sick V-Max again.I plan on getting a one seater conversion for my Max (as soon as I have some money) and I REALLLLLLYYYYYY LOVE THESE PIPES! I have slip ons on my Max and would like to copy this design.

So in basic from my header collector it would come up inside the fenderand where he has his cans I would have mine instead.

Does anyone know how this would work out as far as performance? I know slip-ons in general dont make power but Im concerned with running this much more pipe.More length of pipe and more bends.Anyone got any experience with such things?

Attachments

• yamaha-vmax-ogm-img06.jpg
    yamaha-vmax-ogm-img06.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 84
talk to '02moneypit. i think he made his custom. take a look @ his pics?

this tail is the same as the one on my bike. the previous owner of the bodywork had an undertail setup from a company in the uk. to get the cans up under the tail you'll need to extend the swingarm about 3". i believe moneypit is using and aftermarket arm, looks like the otec. had the guy i bought the bodywork off not ripped me off for my other parts i purchased the undertail would have been mine as well as the swingarm he was using! i tried to get the same one in the attached pic copied by the original maker, but they do all the work freehand and dont keep measurements. without the bike they couldnt guarantee fit or finish so it was a no go. still on the list though. the pic is from a uk magazine who did a cover story on the bike.

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 47
I've seen Sheldon's 02moneypit in person and it is awesome. It sound everybit as good as it looks. He indeed does have a 3" over Otec S/A and he did all the pipe work himself. The pipe welds look flawless and fit the tail bodywork nicley. :worthy:
He recently went with fuel injection from Wild Bros so I purchased his old carbs. :punk:

Back