I'm sorry to ask this, but Wheelies??? How to?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always started in 1st or 2nd bring rpms up squeeze clutch let out fast n up she comes . nwhile moving you do that from a stop youll just spin the tire

It funny how we have had a long thread going about doing rolling burn out, and every one is complaining about how they can't seem to get the burn out because the bike hooks up too well and picks up the front wheel.

The conclusions from that thread is pretty much ... If you want to do burn outs put a "turning" tire on the bike, if you put a Shinko tire on the back you will do wheelies instead of burn outs.

I do wheelies all the time purely by accident. I want my bike to last a few years, so I would rather not put a thousand pounds on the rear axle and bearings

In general, high rpms and dropping the clutch will break loose the rear tire. Slipping the clutch a little while you increase RPMs will normally get the front light.

SO get a Shinko, put the shocks on their softest setting, sit back on the flip, and slip your clutch when you gun it.

Craig

The Max is by no means an easy bike to wheelie, because of its weight. Yes, in first and second gear you can easily lift the front using power alone, like Sean said just give it plenty of gas and let the clutch go pretty quickly, but it will come up fast and then balancing it up will be really hard (again 'cos of weight).
Also the hardest thing is the landing, because once more, all that weight coming down is going to be really hard on the forks and front bearings, so unless you're really experienced with wheelying I would be rather careful and try to keep lots of power on the way down too..

In the end the easiest way to wheelie Max is either to do it two-up (if your pillion's happy with it) or really shift your weight as far back as you're comfortable with.

I just shut the throttle at about 5 grand and crack it open hard and it comes right up. That's about a guaranteed wheelie without spinning. If you let the clutch fly it's kinda unpredictable whether it will spin the tire or not. Also with a vmax depending where you're ass is on the seat and how lax you're arms are make a big difference .

When I had my V65 I rode wheelies all the time. Hell, I could even stand on the seat and ride them for quite a distance but make no mistake if you want to learn to ride wheelies get a dirt bike first and practice your ass off cause if you wanna get good at them your gonna need a lot of experience in balancing and counter balancing and its not a matter of if your gonna flip it its a matter of when. You'd have to be crazy to try and learn how to ride wheelies on a Vmax as your bike to learn on. Their just too big and heavy and you will beat the living piss outta your suspension, frame, forks and fork seals. My advice, go buy a 125-250 dirt bike find a nice open soft grass field and have at it but believe me when you go down ( and you will) your gonna be glad it wasn't on pavement. I've been riding all my life since I was 5 and without proper training and practice your just asking for a whole lotta pain. You'll see..

My advice, go buy a 125-250 dirt bike find a nice open soft grass field and have at it but believe me when you go down ( and you will) your gonna be glad it wasn't on pavement. I've been riding all my life since I was 5 and without proper training and practice your just asking for a whole lotta pain. You'll see..

+1

Dirt hurts too:biglaugh:
It's why I supermotoed my XR650, I was just riding too stupid in the dirt and my old ass doesn't bounce like it used too, first bike I've experienced pain from since I was in my 20's

Latest posts

Back