im trolling some HD forums..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not using GPS, but using mile markers i'm about 3% running a 120 front tire.

That was about what I got using the same method when running stock front, calculated over a couple hundred mile trips without any detours off the freeway other than off to the feeder for gas and right back on the freeway.

Reasonably close I think, i'm assumming the speedomter and odometer were in agreement and with the same error, oughta check it with a GPS now that I have one.

HD's = 2 wheel tractors . :rofl_200:

Nah, tractors are more reliable and a lot more useful. Harleys vacuum up cash and make lots of noise, thats about it. And have you seen some of those racing lawnmowers? they go like 50mph with a 10hp motor....would give a Sportster a run for its money.

My Vmax's speedo is pretty close. With a fairly worn front tire, I was 3mph fast at 75(speedo said 78, GPS said 75). A lot better than my Magna, which was like 8mph fast (speedo said 80, actually 72). 2-3mph fast seems pretty common. My F150 is 2mph fast, so is my mother's Acura. I know there's rules that speedometers can over-read by a certain percent but they can never under-read, so it makes sense at calibration they err on the side of caution a bit.

Never been my style to deliberately troll...
But I had to laugh at some of the reactions of the HD forum members trying to figure out if you were in fact a troll or legit. :biglaugh:

The whole thread reminded me of when I learned the definition of a harley...

"The most efficient way of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower..."

Latest posts

Back