intake sweat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastwhiteman

Reaction score
Group,
I have 1995 Max with VGas setup and have issues with #2 cylinder metal intake developing sweat on the outside. The bike also seems to load up slightly while accelerating and when cruising at a steady speed of say 65-75mph. Could this be a vacuum or intake leak? :ummm:

Group,
I have 1995 Max with VGas setup and have issues with #2 cylinder metal intake developing sweat on the outside. The bike also seems to load up slightly while accelerating and when cruising at a steady speed of say 65-75mph. Could this be a vacuum or intake leak? :ummm:

Give a short spray of wd-40 where you think the leak is and see if the idle rises-
It sounds like condensation to me.
I've run a lot of fcr's and megatrons with removable venturi's but developing condensation usually came from wide open passes at high speeds.

Yea, it's condensation, but only on one intake. Tried carb cleaner but no noticeable difference in rpm's. Wonder if it's sometime firing with load on and not when just cruising. Could be no gas just air or no spark without load?

Spark is easy to find- Feel the head, pull the plug wire and put another plug in its place to see how much fire if any.
If there is no gas the plug will show you that.
Plug is black too much gas- white is not enough gas.
I'm gonna guess and say slow air jet clogging.

Aha moment. Took the breathers off and when throttle is twisted, no gas squirt on #2 as with the others. Would this be the slow jet? Showing my ignorance, not familiar with this FCR carb yet. Just a bit more complex than what I'm used to breaking.

Ok, so I pulled the rubber accelerator pump tube that feeds #2 carb from the #4 carb because it's pump feeds both carbs and shot carb cleaner in and cleared the blockage. Put the tube back on and works as designed. Test ride was awesome. Now that I know the problem, next time it rains all week (typical Ohiyo summer) tear down and clean all four is on the schedule.
Thanks for the help, dudes.

Back