Intersting Shift Light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been looking for some shift lights tonight and in my searching I came across this:

http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/vmax-edition-sequential-shift-light-155-p.asp

Have and of you used this one? I really like it but I'm not sure if it work very good since its mounted down by the tach (defeating the purpose of having a shift light in the first place). My worry with it is visability. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

I don't think you would be forced to mount it by the tach. You can mount it just under the speedo too.

Or you can go all minimalist like I did :biglaugh:

Or another option out there is a sequential shift light that wraps around the speedometer. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it. Its a sharp unit. if you do a search for sequential shift light, I'm sure it will pop up.

user1127pic312212695528.jpg

Thanks KJ! Yeah I do like that one MUCH better. I think thats the one I will be getting!

If your really jamming on it, aern't you sorta tucked down and in? My shift light is part of my digital dash and my (peripheral?) vision picks up the bright flash no problem. Just saying

the ecliptech works awesome, for what its worth, altho the one you linked to by jon is a bit cheaper.

Anybody running one of these? Not sure if i prefer this setup over the ecliptech or not. I don't like the idea of having two tachs lol. Although this one has a lot of features if a fella is willing to do all the wiring for them.

Anybody running one of these? Not sure if i prefer this setup over the ecliptech or not. I don't like the idea of having two tachs lol. Although this one has a lot of features if a fella is willing to do all the wiring for them.

The Ignitech TCI I am selling has some new features on it with the latest version I have on order. One of them is two outputs that can be triggered by an RPM set point, or within a RPM range. Last one meaning light could be on say from 4,000~5,000 RPM, or whatever user programed in 100 step increments.

Screen shot of this software tab attached.

Gary

Attachments

• Power out screen 1.jpg
    Power out screen 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 12
Was it just me or did anybody else kringe when you looked at the photo of the digital speedos shift light?
I would go with one up by the speedo like KJShover. I love the autometer gauges btw!

I bought a real nice full digital speedo/ tach a while back.

Buyer beware! GET MEASUREMENTS FIRST. The description said compact but when it arrived after a month of shipping it was big enough to land a helicopter on so I had to scrap the whole idea and sell the gauges to a buddy.

Finally just went Sunpro...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 21
I've used the SST shift light. Very happy with it and it shows voltage as well.

Attachments

• (31) vmax finished handlebar view.jpg
    (31) vmax finished handlebar view.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back