Is it just me

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you not think politics is just a never ending subject that at the end of the day virtually all of them stick there snouts in the public trough anyway. It's nearly as bad a subject as the discovery of Pi, it just keeps going round in endless circles!

at the end of the day virtually all of them stick there snouts in the public trough anyway.
That.

They're like those ridiculous so-called "wrestlers". They talk all kinds of smack about each other, then get in a ring and dance around a bit and pretend to beat each other up but then shower up, get dressed and go out to dinner together and laugh about it all.

To me, they are all equally worthless.

Greetings carbon unit fellow earthlings 🌎, and all other visitors 🛸of various origin 👾 👽

I was at a bikers night out on Saturday, plenty of 🍺, rock music 🎸 and polite bikers, as it usually is. So very inactive during Sunday.

Have any of you guys ever looked at the moon through a good telescope, where you can see the rising of the edge of craters, its an incredible experience. The first time I seen this sight I stared at the moon for many hours. Also went to an observatory to see Mars through a giant telescope. If you have not experienced these views then you could be missing out.

Untold hours observing the Moon. Spend some time with Jupiter. Watching the Galilean Moon dance, transits, shadow transits, occultations, can be endlessly entertaining. But you refer only to solar system objects. There's a whole lot more up there than just the Moon and planets. Under a dark sky with a pair of 10 x 50 binoculars, you can knock off at least 30 Messier objects. Of course, they are much more spectacular in a good telescope.

Messier cataloged these items, over 100 of them, so that folks would stop confusing in them with comets. Turns out his list of "nuisance objects" have now become a list of showcase targets of the Milky Way.

Untold hours observing the Moon. Spend some time with Jupiter. Watching the Galilean Moon dance, transits, shadow transits, occultations, can be endlessly entertaining. But you refer only to solar system objects. There's a whole lot more up there than just the Moon and planets. Under a dark sky with a pair of 10 x 50 binoculars, you can knock off at least 30 Messier objects. Of course, they are much more spectacular in a good telescope.

Messier cataloged these items, over 100 of them, so that folks would stop confusing in them with comets. Turns out his list of "nuisance objects" have now become a list of showcase targets of the Milky Way.
There's a good write up in this issue of Discover magazine about how most of those will be absorbed by the Milky Way eventually as it heads to collied with Andromeda in about 4 billion years.

The night sky from earth right before it happens will look like this:

1648495380656.png

Nice one.

I’ve never went looking for the Messier objects, but I’ll keep it in mind next time I’m looking. I’ll need to get back out there again. I’ve been to Tenerife (Spain) a few times and that is as good as Arizona and Utah for star gazing. I can see myself upgrading my telescope this year as I’m getting another itch for it now. 🔭

Okay I give in guys.

I was really enjoying the topic of aliens, planets, space travel, sonic disrupters, plasma ejectors and so on. I’ll need to put the interference down to boys at a bad age.

Last edited:
I have irrefutable proof that intelligent life on other planets does not exist, none of these entities have been contacted about their extended car warranties.

I have irrefutable proof that intelligent life on other planets does not exist, none of these entities have been contacted about their extended car warranties.
Don’t think that’s going to last long now that you’ve let the cat out the bag, poor buggers. 👽

Back