issues syncing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxRyan

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone knows why i cant seem to get my left and right sides synced together. I had them synced fine but then ran out of gas and sucked some junk into my carbs so i had to take em off and clean them again, other than cleaning the only change i made was moving my needles in one clip(toward the blunt end). Now i can sync each side but when i try and sync the two banks i bottom out the screw before it makes it. However if i choke it a little bit it syncs perfectly is it too lean now ? Let me know, thanks !

It sounds like something didn't quite go back in the right place when you reassembled the carbs - the needle clips do not affect idle or syncing. What are all your a/f screws set to?
I would double-check all the throttle linkages and springs making sure it's all seated correctly.

It sounds like something didn't quite go back in the right place when you reassembled the carbs - the needle clips do not affect idle or syncing. What are all your a/f screws set to?
I would double-check all the throttle linkages and springs making sure it's all seated correctly.

+1 Look all that stuff over carefully, it takes very little to throw it out of whack!

I had a similar problem with my '06 (which was involved in a wreck) where #1, #2 &#3 would sync perfectly but #4 would be high. When I tried to bring #4 down with the balance adjuster screw it would bottom out.

My fix was to bend the tab that the screw on #4 pushes against to get more adjustment out of it. It worked perfectly and all 4 are right on the money!

The tab itself is quite soft and bends easily, almost as if it was a designed adjustment.

I used needle nosed vise grips and reached the tab with the carbs still on the bike. Back the adjuster screw off several turns to get some slack and twist the tab so it comes closer to the end of the screw...be careful the spring on the backside doesn't go flying across the shop!!

Good luck, keep us posted.
danny

Thanks guys for the suggestions, i could not see any errors in assembly, considering they go together pretty simply, so i bent the tab up and cut one ring off the spring under the screw and now i am fully synced up with a fair bit of movement in either direction.

Good to hear you got your carbs synched up , I`m just waiting to put mine back on and synch `em up hopfully Friday she`ll be roaring again.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Take care,
<<Dave>>:punk:

Back