I've really screwed up!!!!!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove the Seat, Reach in under the lid and pull the latch, Remove the right scoop, remove the three screws holding the plastic panel the radiator junction is bolted to, Pull the next cover off, Look for the code at the base of your ignition switch housing. Take the switch off if desired and take it in and have a key made using the code on the housing.

Get a spare, put some thick plastic over the metal end, remove one of the lenses on your signals, install the key in there, reattach the lense, make sure you have a screwdriver in your spare tools. Now you have a key in a hard to find location.

Sean

" St. Anthony, please come around; something's lost and can't be found....please help me find my only vmax key. Amen"

That's all I've got....

Sounds good Sean,
Was quoted $180 to come out and pick the gas cap and make a key from that. I'll pull the ignition ( NO BREAK AWAY BOLTS????) and get it to a smithy.
And you bet I'll have a few extra keys made.
Thanks
Lew

Worst case, take the cover off (accessable with the seat off) and take the lock from the tank cover in (but it won't have the code on it). It should be $10 or so if you find a smithy with the code book.

Sean

I could rip the one off the spare bike I have and sell it to you??? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Cheers

Worst case, take the cover off (accessable with the seat off) and take the lock from the tank cover in (but it won't have the code on it). It should be $10 or so if you find a smithy with the code book.

Sean

For future reference, I have the code book here at work and can make keys for anyone. Just lemme know.

Sweet, I may have to get some made in the near future.

Sean

Say Rob,
I'll try to get the code today and PM you. I do live in the "Biggest Little City in the World" and there is a lot of stuff that we have a hard time getting. Like a locksmith with the abiltiy to cut a Yamaha key from code.

Say Rob,
I'll try to get the code today and PM you. I do live in the "Biggest Little City in the World" and there is a lot of stuff that we have a hard time getting. Like a locksmith with the abiltiy to cut a Yamaha key from code.

Sounds good let me know how many you want, the code, and the style of key. I can get a plain metal key or I should be able to get a blank yamaha key just might take longer. At the very least I can make you a plain metal key to send you quick, so you don't have much down time waiting for the yamaha blank.

I had this close call the other day. I went out to do some stuff oround the yard and garage, and decided to try some seafoam in the bike. After taking a short ride, and putting stuff away I went in for the night. Next evening I was goint to go for a ride and couldn't find my key anywhere. After a two hour hunt, and damn near ready to give up, I remembered I had walked to the neighbors, and re-traced my steps. I found it in the grass luckily, and first thing next day I took it to a locksmith and had three extras made for $7.50! I had other close calls before, but kept putting it off, but that problems solved now.:worthy:

Sounds good let me know how many you want, the code, and the style of key. I can get a plain metal key or I should be able to get a blank yamaha key just might take longer. At the very least I can make you a plain metal key to send you quick, so you don't have much down time waiting for the yamaha blank.

awesome rob. i may hit you up down the road. can you do other keys or just yamaha?

awesome rob. i may hit you up down the road. can you do other keys or just yamaha?

As far as motorcycles, I have the cards for older suzuki and kawasaki. For newer models, I would have to get those cards which I should be able to get. Just let me know what you need.

As far as motorcycles, I have the cards for older suzuki and kawasaki. For newer models, I would have to get those cards which I should be able to get. Just let me know what you need.

i may need a spare for an 89 suzuki gs500, i'll have to see if the code is on the bike still tho.

thanks man!

The main key might have the code stamped on it.

haha i think my main key is a copy of a copy. its for the ignition and lock, the gas tank has its own key, or had its own key until it snaped off in the gas tank. screwdriver now does the trick!

its a beater bike, can ya tell? i'll look tonight, thanks man!

Back