" javits motorcycle show " in ny

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went last night, the turnout was so so.
Once again this show is a let down.
Went to the Iron Horse Saloon after the show...very strange place.

Riding in from PA on the Rat Max. Saturday then off to ADVrider party on Broadway afterwards.

Heated Vest - Check
Cheap Ass Wind Screen- Check
25 year old used VMax gotten for a box of parts- Check
No Common Sense- Check

32819217.jpg

Pretty sure I saw your bike parked outside when we left. I took some pics to confirm. But it was parked right at the end of ?36th? I think was the street next to an 09 that was for sale.

I will post up a few of my favorite pics from the show later today. Overall I thought it was a great show besides the crowd. The crowd wasn't bad at 9:30 but by 12 it was getting pretty ridiculous in there. Its bigger than most shows in the area and there were a lot of nice bikes to sit on and look at. We had a really good time and I will probably make a point to go back next year.

I'm really not sure how you could be let down by that show. Pretty much the full lineup from every major manufacturer, and any accessory or part you could ever want----what was missing you wanted?

Saturday afternoon that place was pretty much as crowded as it could get. I couldn't even get remotely close enough to see when the Ducati stunt show started.

I was somewhat surprised by the lack of fabulous "show" prices on a couple items I was looking for, seems most name-brand stuff was at it's normal retail or actually more. The one big booth with all the Icon stuff was a little cheaper(like $10), but nothing special. The LED lighting booth was selling kits for $20 more than the regular, everyday price at Custom Dynamics.

Otherwise, I thought it was a good show. Never mind it cost $47 to park for the day, and it took me probably 45 minutes to find my way back to the lincoln tunnel because my GPS kept telling me to take a ramp that didn't exist. I absolutely hate driving in cities.

WELL GENTLEMEN , I JUST GOT HOME & ITS SUNDAY AFTER NOON ! .. I LEFT MY NUMBER WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS THAT WERE COMING TO THE SHOW , BUT NOBODY CALLED ! .. NOT SURE WHY . :confused2: .. I HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE SHOW , I THINK IT WAS GREAT , BUT WAY , WAY , WAY , TO CROWDED ! .. IT WAS HARD TO SEE STUFF ! .. BUT WENT TO SOME BARS THEN OUT TO A NICE RESTAURANT . .. THEN OUT TO BREAKFAST , .. THEN WALKED AROUND MANHATTAN , TOOK A SUBWAY , THEN GOT ON THE TRAIN TO COME HOME . WHAT A GREAT NIGHT ! .. AND I LEFT OUT A LOT OF THE DETAILS ! .. :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Pretty sure I saw your bike parked outside when we left. I took some pics to confirm. But it was parked right at the end of ?36th? I think was the street next to an 09 that was for sale.

I will post up a few of my favorite pics from the show later today. Overall I thought it was a great show besides the crowd. The crowd wasn't bad at 9:30 but by 12 it was getting pretty ridiculous in there. Its bigger than most shows in the area and there were a lot of nice bikes to sit on and look at. We had a really good time and I will probably make a point to go back next year.

That was mine. The RatMax in all its glory. Quite the pile of crap wasn't it. But I love it. I have 3 bikes in the barn, and its almost always my first choice to ride. I know I did not pick the nicest parking spot. But I its the RatMax. I spent the whole weekend working the Kawasaki area. And Its nice to be able to grab a smoke and see its the bike is still there.

A few shots mostly of me on a few bikes I would own if I were rich.

Attachments

• 100_5421.jpg
    100_5421.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_5426.jpg
    100_5426.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_5429.jpg
    100_5429.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_5467.jpg
    100_5467.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_5482.jpg
    100_5482.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_5486.jpg
    100_5486.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_5496.jpg
    100_5496.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_5499.jpg
    100_5499.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_5503.jpg
    100_5503.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_5513.jpg
    100_5513.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 33
The clutch cover looks pretty trick too! I like the looks of it but I think I wouldn't be comfortable on it. Would like to take it for a spin though!:punk:

The dealer that was there talking to us tried to talk us into coming out to his shop near quakertown, pa to take one for a ride. I know I can't afford it and if I go hes gonna wanna talk number. But it is definately tempting I would love to take one for a spin.

WHAT TIME WERE YOU THERE AT THE SHOW ? ... WHEN I WAS THERE , IT WAS PACKED , I COULD HARDLY SEE ANYTHING ! ... :confused2:

We got there around 9:15 and went straight for the bikes started at Yamaha and worked out toward Kawasaki and Triumph last. Early on was great we didn't have to wait to look at anything. We just hopped on twiddled the knobs a bit and moved on. By around 11:30 it was starting to get a little packed and by the time we left it was down right ridiculous in there. We were glad we left the vendors for last because we honestly weren't too interested in anything they had.

we got there around 9:15 and went straight for the bikes started at yamaha and worked out toward kawasaki and triumph last. Early on was great we didn't have to wait to look at anything. We just hopped on twiddled the knobs a bit and moved on. By around 11:30 it was starting to get a little packed and by the time we left it was down right ridiculous in there. We were glad we left the vendors for last because we honestly weren't too interested in anything they had.
we got there wright at 12:00 & it was f!@#%*g crazzzyyyyyy !

Latest posts

Back