Just got my UFO 4-1, I have a few questions.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the SASY vboost controller and ran it with C.O.P.s no problem, it being plugged in so early in the system I don't see why it wouldn't work with C.O.P.s. After playing with the SASY's many available early on Vboost settings I firmly believe that the factory 5700-6000 setting is needed for the amount of fuel the open Vboost gives the motor and the lower settings are just to rich. The SASY is also good for its programmable shift light function. I am now running the Ignitech and lovin it at the programmed setting it came from Sean with.
Now after all the jetting tricks and combo's under the sun I have gone back to totally stock Mikuni sizing with my old Kerker with the Super Shops tip on it and my machine is crisp, reliable and getting about 35 mpg regardless of my wrist. So I think to answer your original
question I would be pro for the Vboost and its stock settings with the air box up top.

I have the Sasy too, and i am agree with you for the optimal setting but :
It is not to rich with lower settings, opening the butterflies make the fuel mixture leaner...
AFR gauge clearly show this.
The biggest problem with butterflies opened at lower rev is at WOT because air speed in manifolds and carb is too low..

I also have the UFO Dragstar and I was wondering what modifications you needed to do to the carbs to get it to run properly? I have swapped the main jets to 147.5's but everything else is stock. Still has a sputter at low rpm's.

Back