Just here to vent

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1998

Reaction score
Wasps what is their purpose. I was riding my 98 vmax and I parked it to go get some damn coffee cause I was tired and as I’m getting off my max I feel this stinging pain in my forearm and I’m like wtf. I am wearing a leather icon jacket btw. And it keeps getting worse so I pull off the jacket and see a wasp with it’s stinger in my arm. So I brush it off and the thing like breaks in half and hits the ground. Damn thing hurt. What kind of evil wasps live in Arizona. Anyways. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a credit card or your driver's license to scrape the surface of your skin where the Stinger has penetrated your epidermis. That's how you minimize the poison being injected beneath the surface of your skin. If you try and pinch it to pull it out you're actually going to inject additional Venom. Scraping with a rigid object to remove the Stinger at skin level is the treatment of choice. Try some over-the-counter Benadryl if you're experiencing symptoms. It can make you sleepy so take it when you're off the road.

That sux!
A month ago I'm on a ride with my nephew and son and we're coming up to an intersection and I feel this thing STABBING me between the helmet and my jacket.
It took everything I had to bring the bike to a stop without wrecking.
My son said I had a grape size welt on my neck!
I haven't been stung in quite some time. It F'ING hurts!

The last encounter with a flying hypodermic insect was when one flew into my helmet having just raised my visor. Luckily I was able to disable by crushing him enough so I could stop and release him before being stung. He fell on my lap and I dutifully ended any further terrorizing of the human race.

Wild Bee: "Just getting a snack."
Me: "No problem bee."

Mason Bee: "Just making a house."
Me: "Build away bee."

Honey Bee: "Just sampling the lavenders."
Me: "Oh you KNOW I got an assortment! Sample away!"

Bumble Bee: "Hey." *bonk* "I jus..." *bonk* "I hav..." *bonk*
Me: *holds flower still*

Wasp: "I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL!"
Me: "YOU TELL THEM WHO SENT YOU!"

I was riding through BFE MT, had my feet up on the highway pegs and a flying insect got scooped up into my left pant leg. I was just coming to a town probably no bigger than White Surfer Springs or Roy. It's sometimes a hobby to wander the deep rural using only very small out of the way towns. I had no idea what it was but it sure was bigger than a common shit fly. I roll up to a coffee kiosk on the edge of town, which I was gonna do anyway, and this thing is about to my knee, I jump off the bike swatting and trying to pinch it through my pants to disable it. Figuring I was about to take a bite to the cubes I run around the non window side of the kiosk and dropped trau while frantically trying to swat it away. Remarkably I did not get stung but when his mangled struggling body hit the ground I realized that a sting from him would have been an event. He looked a lot like a fat bee but was nearly the size of my thumb. Evil humming bird maybe. Once the crisis was over I realized I was next to a parking lot with a cafe and a general store. If anyone saw me they didn't bother me, this was not a very place with many people at all. Once I buttoned back up and walked to the other side to get my coffee I was met with "you could have just asked for a bathroom, theres one across the parking lot" she pointed. I explained what happened and we had a laugh. If I'm out on the rural stretches I usually tuck my pant legs into my boots anymore. I'm not sure why any flying insect needs a stinger the size of a pencil led.

I got stung right-between the shoulderblades after an insect flew-down the back of my t-shirt in SW MI, 46 years-ago. It burned like someone took a soldering iron and shoved it into my skin, and left it there. No-way to reach it, by me. No one around, as I was riding my brand-new Yamaha 360 Enduro, alone. I could have removed my shirt and toweled my back with it, but I just went to the ER and had it taken care-of. I had medical insurance.

Man, I am glad I don't have allergies to insects.

I wish I can send a pic of the damage to leg when a fleet of wasps attacked me while I was throwing wood into the woodshed my left leg slid into the back bumper got 1 serious gauge in my leg...wasps didn't fair to well after that .. Doc wife set me up with some cleaning and back to work splitting wood I went ..

Have you guys ever seen a Japanese Giant Hornet in person?
Well I have.. And it was NOT in Japan.. Right here in NJ.

My RC Flyers and I were cooing it at the flying field when we heard a ruckus in the tree above.
Suddenly the small mass fell out in front of us. It was a Japanese Giant Hornet killing a full grown cicada.

After it stung the cicada multiple times, it picked it up and flew off with it.
The cicada must have been almost 2 inches long x 1 inch wide x 3/4 inch high, and this hornet lifted this thing up to take it back to the hive. You really don't get how big these things are until you have it next to something for scale.. See pic, you'll see what I mean..

Untitled.jpg

Also note: unlike bees, the stingers of these boys, don't tare from their abdomen and kill them when they attack, so one bug, can sting multiple times..

Reports came in that these things are known to kill humans.
Even the pros don't want to mess with them..

Have you guys ever seen a Japanese Giant Hornet in person?
Well I have.. And it was NOT in Japan.. Right here in NJ.

My RC Flyers and I were cooing it at the flying field when we heard a ruckus in the tree above.
Suddenly the small mass fell out in front of us. It was a Japanese Giant Hornet killing a full grown cicada.

After it stung the cicada multiple times, it picked it up and flew off with it.
The cicada must have been almost 2 inches long x 1 inch wide x 3/4 inch high, and this hornet lifted this thing up to take it back to the hive. You really don't get how big these things are until you have it next to something for scale.. See pic, you'll see what I mean..

View attachment 58639

Also note: unlike bees, the stingers of these boys, don't tare from their abdomen and kill them when they attack, so one bug, can sting multiple times..

Reports came in that these things are known to kill humans.
Even the pros don't want to mess with them..

I just passed out!
HS it that thing LARGE!

I just looked up the size comparison of the European hornet vs the Asian giant hornet (aka Japanese Giant hornet) My lord,, what,, are we heading back to the Cretaceous period??

from Google search:
Due to this coloration and abdomen pattern, V. crabro is often mistaken for the Asian giant hornet.

In size, the European hornet, at 25–35 mm long, is larger than the common wasp, but smaller than the Asian giant hornet. Females are typically larger than males in both size and mass.

4 in hand.jpg

Sunday, an Asian Giant Hornet or Japanese Giant Hornet (Vespa mandarinia) was spotted at a residence west of St. Viator High School, Arlington Heights IL.

Her scientific name is Vespa mandarinia and her venom is so deadly it annihilates your red blood cells, which can cause kidney failure, and in some extreme cases, death.

If this shit keeps up with all of these species invading the US we might give Australia a run for its money.

Back