Keihin 41MM FCR Carbs on a 1200CC Engine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaudSpeed

Reaction score
Instead of going with the standard 39MM Keihin carbs upgrade on a 1200CC VMAX, is it possible to run the bigger 41MM carbs and still have tuneability and rideability?

I have the 41MM Keihins right now, but haven't gone with the 1500CC Tourmaster route. I don't want the carbs to sit, but don't want to try if it won't run right.

Thanks,

Vince

As a recommendation, I run a PCW 1428cc engine that has plenty of hp and torque, and has been very reliable that you may want to look in to. They are a bit cheaper to have built than the 1500 and I run right alongside of them when we are playing around. As a matter of fact a gent got a bit of a surprise when he launched his 1500 and I was right there with him. You could also talk to Sean Morley and see what he has that would be a direct swap that would work with those carbs.

Instead of going with the standard 39MM Keihin carbs upgrade on a 1200CC VMAX, is it possible to run the bigger 41MM carbs and still have tuneability and rideability?

I have the 41MM Keihins right now, but haven't gone with the 1500CC Tourmaster route. I don't want the carbs to sit, but don't want to try if it won't run right.

Thanks,

Vince

I ran 41's for a while.It ran good but bogged off the line too much for me at the drag strip.I could only go 50 miles on a tank of gas too.It did rip like hell out on the street.

i ran 41's for a while.it ran good but bogged off the line too much for me at the drag strip.i could only go 50 miles on a tank of gas too.it did rip like hell out on the street.

the only thing ripping for me right now is my jordache jeans after a kfc bucket and fries/gravy
still waiting for the carb parts to arrive at my friendly local yamaha pusher

that 1428cc sounds sweeeet would love to try one of those!!

Latest posts

Back