key blanks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie1

Reaction score
anyone know where to find key blanks or what the ILCO key blank number is? I can't find any key shops here that can make me a spare. If I can find the right blank somewhere on the internet I can take them to a locksmith

my local ace hardware has them.... i could go grab some and send them to you if needed.

local key place had them too.

can you still get the original style with the black on the end of the key and not just a generic blank?

I got blank keys for both my ol' Kawasaki and the Vmax from these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Ya...3791170QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Good price (2 keys), and great people to deal with. Keys worked flawlessly, highly recommended. Just make sure to check your keygroove to match the right letter - Vmax is usually an A or B.

thanks for the link, i did order up one of these for the bike, also looking for a original style one with the black on it, in the link KJ sent, looks right

wonder it says the key is for a +09vmax, think they are the same as a gen 1??

thanks for the link

I was wondering about that, I did some asking around and every so often + then the year refers to "up to that year" and the year followed by a plus is that year on.

I was wondering about that, I did some asking around and every so often + then the year refers to "up to that year" and the year followed by a plus is that year on.

sweet worth a try. makes sense as a gen 2 i figure you have to go to the dealer still to get them, and now that i think about it, they actually look a lot bigger then the gen 1 if i remember right :ummm:

i got the true value hardware place to cut one using a nissan key blank. it's about 1/4-1/2 inch longer but works prefectly. I may still use that online guy to order a true key from the key code.

still no luck locally for my kawasaki

Back